This is a program made by akderbur for modifying .pak textures and update them in game:
He actually released a tool for viewing/extracting the textures quite some time ago. He just added the option to import the modified textures.
- File -> Open to load the pak file.
- You can see the textures in the list. Select one to preview.
- Use filter to search a specific texture.
- Save DDS/PNG to export textures one by one.
- Export All -> DDS to export all of the textures at once.
- Modified texture must be saved as dds, and in same format as the original texture (DXT1, DXT5 etc)
- It must have the same resolution as the original.
- It must also have mipmaps.
- Click "Replace Texture" and select your modified texture.
Be sure to backup the original pak files. The tool overwrites the data in the pak.
Ingame screenshots :
akderebur developed the program by himself, I only tested the program on PS4
Virus scan: https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/cedff2e139c8fffc0b0736ce8ce4531beb9b7da0968efc3b7e027f28c3bf7934/detection