Notifications
Clear all

How to use Xbox 360 Neighbourhood without Modem/Hub/Router

Quiet
Topic starter
(@Quiet)
Honorable Member

- Xbox 360 Neighbourhood without Modem/Hub/Router Tutorial -

Hello! I've recently stumbled upon on how to use Xbox 360 Neighbourhood without needing a modem. As I am currently in University halls, they do NOT allow me to use modems, routers etc. I only have one ethernet socket in my wall, which meant I couldn't use Xbox 360 Neighbourhood or real-time poking etc. Anything that required the Xbox 360 and the PC to be on the same network, I couldn't do, until now.

In this tutorial I am going to teach you how to connect your Xbox 360 on the same network as your PC, without a router/hub/modem and if you're like me with one ethernet port. This will allow you to poke the RAM and use Xbox 360 Neighbourhood.

- What you need! -
- A desktop PC

- Two ethernet ports on your PC (or one ethernet port and a wireless card/access)

- Two ethernet cables (only one cable if you have one ethernet port and wireless access)

- A JTAG with Dashlaunch and XBDM installed

- Xbox 360 SDK installed

If you only have one ethernet port, then purchase an ethernet card for your desktop PC. They are around £5, no more

Click Here to View Lists of Ethernet Cards

- Setting it All Up -

Connect your Xbox 360 to your PC in the primary ethernet socket. The primary ethernet socket is the one on your motherboard. Now connect a ethernet cable into your PC's secondary ethernet port and then plug it into the main ethernet internet socket.

Here is a picture:

- Configuring the Network -

Now go into the control panel, network and sharing center and change adapter settings. In here you should have two networks (or however many networks you have on your computer). If you have more than two adapters, remove ALL ethernet ports and other adapters, apart from your Xbox 360 ethernet cable and the one that is going into your internet. Turn on your Xbox and the ones that say identified, they are the ones you want.

Select them both, then bridge the connections -

Now that the connection is bridged, right click the network bridge and click status, then click details -

Once you've clicked details, you should get all the IP, gateway and subnet mask information. Write down the IPv4 Address,IPv4 Subnet Mask, IPv4 Default Gateway and IPv4 DNS Server in notepad. Keep hold of this information!

- Setting up the Xbox 360 -

Now, turn on your Xbox 360 and go to network setting -

Get the information you wrote down in notepad and enter it manually into your Xbox 360 -

Xbox 360 IP Address - PC IPv4 Address

- It is not the entire IPv4 Address you wrote down. E.g. If your IP in notepad is (11.206.195.50), then in your Xbox 360 you would put (11.206.195.**) - Where I have put the two stars, you can put whatever you like, but make sure it is not the same as the one you wrote down. Make the last two/three digits different.

Xbox 360 Subnet Mask - PC IPv4 Subnet Mask
Xbox 360 Gateway - PC IPv4 Default Gateway
Xbox 360 Primary DNS - IPv4 DNS Server
Xbox 360 Secondary DNS - (can leave blank 0.0.0.0)

- Adding your Xbox 360 to Neighbourhood -

Now that you have entered all of your IP settings, test your Xbox Live connection. If it passes Network, then you're good to go!

Now on your PC, go to Xbox 360 Neighbourhood and add your Xbox. The IP address will be the one you put into the IP Address on your Xbox 360.

- Troubleshooting -

If you have issues try the following -

Restart your Xbox 360

Disable then re-enable network bridge

Disable Windows firewall or any firewall you have running (if you have a strict/moderate NAT, this usually fixes the issue)

Some people are probably wondering why you have to enter the IP info manually. For some reason the Xbox 360 cannot auto-detect IP settings properly when it is set to automatic. Do not know why either.

Remember, your computer is acting as the hub so if it shuts down, your Xbox 360 will be disconnected from Xbox Live if you are connected.

Credits:Super*

Name of the Video Game, and any other Tags
4 Replies
WarHeadinc
(@WarHeadinc)
Reputable Member

Very Nice Tut :).

H1Z1
(@H1Z1)

- Xbox 360 Neighbourhood without Modem/Hub/Router Tutorial -

Hello! I've recently stumbled upon on how to use Xbox 360 Neighbourhood without needing a modem. As I am currently in University halls, they do NOT allow me to use modems, routers etc. I only have one ethernet socket in my wall, which meant I couldn't use Xbox 360 Neighbourhood or real-time poking etc. Anything that required the Xbox 360 and the PC to be on the same network, I couldn't do, until now.

In this tutorial I am going to teach you how to connect your Xbox 360 on the same network as your PC, without a router/hub/modem and if you're like me with one ethernet port. This will allow you to poke the RAM and use Xbox 360 Neighbourhood.

- What you need! -
- A desktop PC

- Two ethernet ports on your PC (or one ethernet port and a wireless card/access)

- Two ethernet cables (only one cable if you have one ethernet port and wireless access)

- A JTAG with Dashlaunch and XBDM installed

- Xbox 360 SDK installed

If you only have one ethernet port, then purchase an ethernet card for your desktop PC. They are around £5, no more

Click Here to View Lists of Ethernet Cards

- Setting it All Up -

Connect your Xbox 360 to your PC in the primary ethernet socket. The primary ethernet socket is the one on your motherboard. Now connect a ethernet cable into your PC's secondary ethernet port and then plug it into the main ethernet internet socket.

Here is a picture:

- Configuring the Network -

Now go into the control panel, network and sharing center and change adapter settings. In here you should have two networks (or however many networks you have on your computer). If you have more than two adapters, remove ALL ethernet ports and other adapters, apart from your Xbox 360 ethernet cable and the one that is going into your internet. Turn on your Xbox and the ones that say identified, they are the ones you want.

Select them both, then bridge the connections -

Now that the connection is bridged, right click the network bridge and click status, then click details -

Once you've clicked details, you should get all the IP, gateway and subnet mask information. Write down the IPv4 Address,IPv4 Subnet Mask, IPv4 Default Gateway and IPv4 DNS Server in notepad. Keep hold of this information!

- Setting up the Xbox 360 -

Now, turn on your Xbox 360 and go to network setting -

Get the information you wrote down in notepad and enter it manually into your Xbox 360 -

Xbox 360 IP Address - PC IPv4 Address

- It is not the entire IPv4 Address you wrote down. E.g. If your IP in notepad is (11.206.195.50), then in your Xbox 360 you would put (11.206.195.**) - Where I have put the two stars, you can put whatever you like, but make sure it is not the same as the one you wrote down. Make the last two/three digits different.

Xbox 360 Subnet Mask - PC IPv4 Subnet Mask
Xbox 360 Gateway - PC IPv4 Default Gateway
Xbox 360 Primary DNS - IPv4 DNS Server
Xbox 360 Secondary DNS - (can leave blank 0.0.0.0)

- Adding your Xbox 360 to Neighbourhood -

Now that you have entered all of your IP settings, test your Xbox Live connection. If it passes Network, then you're good to go!

Now on your PC, go to Xbox 360 Neighbourhood and add your Xbox. The IP address will be the one you put into the IP Address on your Xbox 360.

- Troubleshooting -

If you have issues try the following -

Restart your Xbox 360

Disable then re-enable network bridge

Disable Windows firewall or any firewall you have running (if you have a strict/moderate NAT, this usually fixes the issue)

Some people are probably wondering why you have to enter the IP info manually. For some reason the Xbox 360 cannot auto-detect IP settings properly when it is set to automatic. Do not know why either.

Remember, your computer is acting as the hub so if it shuts down, your Xbox 360 will be disconnected from Xbox Live if you are connected.

Credits:Super*

How to use Xbox 360 Neighbourhood without Modem/Hub/Router [Archive] - GameTuts

give credit where its due

Quiet
Topic starter
(@Quiet)
Honorable Member

How to use Xbox 360 Neighbourhood without Modem/Hub/Router [Archive] - GameTuts

give credit where its due

Screenshot by Lightshot

H1Z1
(@H1Z1)