Notifications
Clear all

Rival Gamer - Official Staff Rules

Admin
Topic starter
(@Admin)
New RivalGamer

Welcome Staff Members!

So, the long awaited plan on what we are going to do about discipline among the ranks...

Now let me make this abundantly clear...

This site is forum of leisure, therefore it is there when people have spare time. It should never be a chore.

It is obviously driven by its members being as active as possible, in order to do that - they need to see the following;

Fresh content
Large discussions
A busy forum.

An organised forum, that shows care is being shown to its maintenance.
Achieving all of the above, at the same time is every admin's challenge. We all have our pro's and con's but ultimately, we all have the same objective and take the same responsibility in order to get that result.

it is vitally important for our staff to be active.

Would you want to board a cruise ship that you can see no entertainment, pretty blonde waitresses or officers on the bridge?

Members need direction, a poke to get in line and conversations to join into.

Thats pretty much the job of a member of staff on here.

Now whilst it is still a site of leisure for a member of staff, there is a low level of activity requirement expected of all staff on this forum. Quite simply, if you can't be around enough, you can't police the place like we need you to.

Right now this applies to all moderators.

We will look at expanding this criteria after a while depending on how things go. This is certainly not meant to annoy our staff, but we need you all active.

We will always try to resolve a problem before taking actions as drastic as demoting you.

« Chain of Commands »
[ Founder ]
- Mastermind -
- Reserve full control over everything -

[ Admin ]
- RG Official Speaker -

{ Deputy Managers }
- Senior Management -
- Reserve full control over the lower rank staff members -
- Their jobs will be divided and assigned to them by the founder -

| Global Mods |
- Reserve control over all forum sections -
- Supervisor -
- Closely observe lower rank staff members and report them to the deputies -

| Legends leader |
- Reserve control over all forum sections -
- Supervision over Legend Members -
- Closely observe and motivate his team -

. Moderators .
General moderation duties

* Legends *
-The dragons that create the cheats-

✛Moderator Basic Rules

Punishment of breaking the site general rules will be same as regular members, with the addition of demotion.
Do not be ABUSIVE
Respect, any other member how you would expect to be.
Keep your personal argument in PRIVATE

✛Moderator Responsibilities

Visit the forums frequently/Be active. We do not need inactive staff. You would not go into a normal shop and expect to serve yourself.
Keep posts clean and move off-topic posts to appropriate categories
Communicate with unruly members and advise them of the consequences of disruptive behavior
Edit/delete post only according to the rules.
Delete or move single posts or entire threads when necessary
Global Moderators should monitor the shout box.
log on more than 3 times within a week. You will lose your moderator permissions if this isn't done. You will be contacted by Cain532 or I Like Women to ascertain what the problem is. This is a very reasonable criteria, and probably sounds a lot worse then it is. A warning will also be placed on their profile.

✛Moderator Behavior

Be respectful of all members, be professional, but candid. No one wants to talk to a robot.
+ It is your responsibility to keep personal issues to yourself and never show it to the public
Don't be stupid or an delinquent towards anyone and stay positive
Maintain your anger to yourselves, and never let it out to anyone of the members here. That makes you look childish which reflects on the whole forum.

✛Moderation Tips

Watch out for trolls and spammers. Always be vigilant and pro actively seek them out and take action to minimize their annoying posts. USE the SPAM cleaner
Watch for members abusing other members. Don't tolerate flaming; disagreements are fine but any more than that will discourage guests from joining and drive quality members from your forum. Make sure everyone has a chance to participate.
Making a fight with another staff in public will make us look stupid. This isn't something we will tolerate.

✛Staff Warning

No levels of warning. Deputy Managers and above descretion
You will be removed from staff altogether if you don't log on for more than 2 weeks without a valid excuse.

❇Any Staff Member that breaks these rules can end up kicked out of the positions or temporary suspended from the Staff position, depending on what you did according to these rules.❇

*Credit goes to I Like Women for contribution to these rules*

Thanks for reading Staff Team!!!

[INFORMATION=Thread Update Log]July13, 2016[/INFORMATION]

Name of the Video Game, and any other Tags
3 Replies
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Great post, well constructed and to the point.

Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Right now this applies to moderators. Brad P already barks at me if I don't log on more than once a day so I think that is monitoring enough 😉

😉 I like to make sure big brother is always watching

LEGACYY
(@legacyy)
Noble RivalGamer

[INFORMATION=Thread]Updated[/INFORMATION]