Notifications
Clear all

POWER PC OPCODES

Page 4 / 4

Cain532
(@cain532)
Noble RivalGamer

You kind of already know my stance Cyb3r.

There was a point in time where I had recorded videos of myself doing stuff like simply porting codes for people, finding codes and whatever else. I deleted them, a lot because I hated the sound of my own voice, and right around that time the tools to decrypt npdrm encrypted eboots for game updates was just released so if I uploaded them people would learn how to do stuff and bam, more online cheaters. It's rare I teach anyone anything, but if I do it's over Skype with people I've known for a while that I'd feel it's safe that they wouldn't start blasting out cheats for big name online games and others like Ammar does whose head I've blown up on multiple times over the years.

All you guys need is ProDG for your PS3, highlight any line of code and it will tell you what the operation is and all of the details since Sony wanted that. As long as you know binary you'll figure out the opcodes and registers very quickly, and mess around a little you'll spot the code exceptions.

As for MIPS, not sure where you'd find details because I've never seen a PS2 ProDG leaked anywhere, and the usual place for that would be assemblergames which is the place for any programming on game consoles, those are the people with all of the dev kits and other stuff.
There's PS2Dis which has been around for a decade, but that's just a bunch of mnemonics with the hex values.
Cronotrigga's rewriting his Code Designer for PS2, not sure if there'd be descriptions of operations.
The only specific weird detail I remember about MIPS for the PS2 is that if you are doing a branch that isn't a "branch likely" operation, the line of code after it will always be executed which was weird to me, but I was far dumber back then so I probably misinterpreted something somewhere. I haven't touched it for about 6 years but it was nothing too crazy.

If I didn't need to worry about online cheating, I'd be throwing out tutorials on every single code I find with a ton of pictures and details, I've done it a bit for people over Skype.

I can't stand Ammar.....Glad to know we have that in common haha he yanked a bunch of my stuff from when was working on Metal Gear Online. He's just overall a leech on any community he joins...

Have you heard of any way to debug PS2 games on the PS3? or even just enable net support on non-BC Consoles so we can connect to it via CCAPI or something of the sort? I found a great PSX debugger on the PC side and I've been learning a bit about MIPS code (I think that's what it is) from that. Always exciting learning how older games are built and relating them to games today. Anyway, if you'd ever be willing to lend me some knowledge I would greatly appreciate it. You can ask almost anybody here, I don't go to online games just to give myself some unfair advantage, any online game I play and mod, I either do so in private servers or with friends. Except for GTA, cuz well that can be fun from time to time.

Page 4 / 4