How to make a Cheat...

Notifications
Clear all

How to make a Cheat PKG

Page 8 / 11

(@Jackfavvv)
New RivalGamer

I have DARK SOULS PREPARE TO DIE EDITION [BLES01765] and I'm using HxD to mod the EBOOT with a cheat that I found:

One Hit Kill
OGP 2F800000419EF72C
COP 3800000198090000

It works on the AI, but doesn't affect any of the other players online. Am I missing something?
Do I need to mod both the eboot in: //dev_hdd0/game/BLES01765/USRDIR/
AND //dev_hdd0/GAME/BLES01765/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/
as well?

Cain532
(@cain532)
Noble RivalGamer

I have DARK SOULS PREPARE TO DIE EDITION [BLES01765] and I'm using HxD to mod the EBOOT with a cheat that I found:

One Hit Kill
OGP 2F800000419EF72C
COP 3800000198090000

It works on the AI, but doesn't affect any of the other players online. Am I missing something?
Do I need to mod both the eboot in: //dev_hdd0/game/BLES01765/USRDIR/
AND //dev_hdd0/GAME/BLES01765/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/
as well?

Not sure what your goal is here. If you are trying to have 1 hit kill against other players online and the code doesn't do it then you'd have to find a different mod. If you installed it works against AI then it worked right? To answer your question th o, you should only need to edit the update eboot inside the... /game/... Folder

(@Jackfavvv)
New RivalGamer

Not sure what your goal is here. If you are trying to have 1 hit kill against other players online and the code doesn't do it then you'd have to find a different mod. If you installed it works against AI then it worked right? To answer your question th o, you should only need to edit the update eboot inside the... /game/... Folder

Ok, let me start from the top. I originally wanted to download the modded EBOOT from this thread:
https://rivalgamer.com/threads/1-09-dark-souls-prepare-to-die-edition.6074/
Created by Vexx Modded Eboot.

Unfortunately the link is dead and I can't download it anymore, so I tried replicating it by modding the same EBOOT myself.
The EBOOT from the thread does list "One Hit Kill", but don't work online when I modded it. So in short, my goal was to download the cheat, but then had to manually add the cheat which only half works. Meaning I must've made an error somewhere, because I seen someone use the exact same cheat online and was successful.

So either I made a mistake modding the EBOOT or the other person is using a completely different method.

Can you elaborate on what you meant by "find a different mod"? There is no other mod for this game.

Cain532
(@cain532)
Noble RivalGamer

Ok, let me start from the top. I originally wanted to download the modded EBOOT from this thread:
https://rivalgamer.com/threads/1-09-dark-souls-prepare-to-die-edition.6074/
Created by Vexx Modded Eboot.

Unfortunately the link is dead and I can't download it anymore, so I tried replicating it by modding the same EBOOT myself.
The EBOOT from the thread does list "One Hit Kill", but don't work online when I modded it. So in short, my goal was to download the cheat, but then had to manually add the cheat which only half works. Meaning I must've made an error somewhere, because I seen someone use the exact same cheat online and was successful.

So either I made a mistake modding the EBOOT or the other person is using a completely different method.

Can you elaborate on what you meant by "find a different mod"? There is no other mod for this game.

The one hit kill more than likely only works in single player, I can't speak on multiplayer because I don't condone cheating online. What I meant by finding a other mod was that you can start to learn how to make your own mods and you can research and make your own mod to do what you want it to.

(@Jackfavvv)
New RivalGamer

The one hit kill more than likely only works in single player, I can't speak on multiplayer because I don't condone cheating online. What I meant by finding a other mod was that you can start to learn how to make your own mods and you can research and make your own mod to do what you want it to.

I thought the EBOOT cheats was supposed to work for everything in general. I don't condone cheating online either, which is why I'm trying to get this to work. Can you give me examples of what you mean by, "finding a other mod "? Because I'm currently already trying to mod an EBOOT and this is the only code I can find.

Page 8 / 11