Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Thinking of getting a console I haven't had one since a megadrive. Need advice

Name of the Video Game, and any other Tags
4 Replies
 Wavy
(@Wavy)
New RivalGamer

You are thinking about getting an Xbox 360? If so, you will find that they are pretty affordable now that the Xbox One has come out, as well as the PS3 with the PS4 that has come out. If not the Xbox 360, what console would you like?
- Price range?
- What kind of games do you like?
- Do you want to play online with people?
- If online, do you plan on playing it a couple years from now? (I ask because Xbox 360 online support will discontinue in 2016, not sure about PS3)
- Anything else specific you can tell me to help narrow the search for a console?

Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

oh wow, i did know there were so many is the xbox one older than the 360,
i used to play bubble bobble, and dizzy the egg on the pc and streets of rage on the megadrive, so i think i like fighting puzzle games. i payed £100 for my megadrive 2 along time ago. it came with 1 handset and no games. oh my favourite game was cannon fodder

Wavy
(@Wavy)
New RivalGamer

The 2 main consoles now a days are Xbox and PlayStation. If you were to go with Xbox, there is the Xbox 360 and the Xbox One. The Xbox One is the newest console of the two. On the PlayStation side, there is the PlayStation 3 and the PlayStation 4. The PlayStation 4 is the newest. Both of these consoles share most games that have been made. From the sound of what you used/like to play, most of the games on consoles now a days are much more advanced. The games you used to play are not very similar at all to what is current today. Some great adventure, fighting, solve puzzles games I know of on Xbox and PlayStation are Final Fantasy and Dragon Age. Both use action and puzzle like strategies to go throughout the story. You should search Google and YouTube to familiarize yourself with Xbox and/or PlayStation if that is what you want to get. Do some research on the current consoles and games because they are way different than what you played before. Forgive me if I an sounding rude or anything, I do not know what you know about games so I am trying to cover many aspects 🙂

Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

thats ok, well dizzy was a pretty tough game, they didnt use life bars, one hit from a baddy and you loose a life. never completed some of them. trust me the old games were the hardest, you couldnt even save games back then, we once left the console on pause overnight so we could go to bed and carry on the next day. what console do you have, im not sure if i like online games, never done it