Call of Duty: Advan...

Notifications
Clear all

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Official Discussion Thread

Page 1 / 3

Wavy
Topic starter
(@Wavy)

This thread is just to discuss everything about Advanced Warfare, and specifically what we do and do not like about it.

My personal opinions:

Pros:

• Exoskeletons bring a new and innovative game style to the game.
  • Maps are very well designed.
  • New and returning gametypes. Uplink is really good, Momentum has returned from Call of Duty: World at War's version called War.
  • That Railgun pistol though.

Cons:

• Skill matched games. You are paired with people around your skill level leaving you to not be able to pubstomp and reach those high K/D's as much as you would like. Hopefully this will change when all of the Christmas noobs get the game.
  • Weapon damage is unbalanced. AR's are way more OP than everything else.
  • SMG's are very weak.
  • Sniping is harder because of Exo movements and an unnecessary sway when aiming down sight.
  • Killstreaks are way too weak, and it takes too much score to acquire something so weak.
  • Exo survival is a waste of a Co-op mode. Both Zombies and Special Ops outplay Survival tenfold. (Excluding Ghost's Extinction, which was pretty decent.)

Overall, I do like the game but it does not have a similar feel like past Call of Duty's. And I do not mean that in regards to Exo movement though. Just the general feel of the game is off center. It is like they messed up the aiming making it somehow harder for COD players in the past that really got the general COD rhythm and feel down. I see potential in this game though as long as some things can be fixed.

6/10 or 7/10 for now!

Name of the Video Game, and any other Tags
11 Replies
(@Teufel Hunden)

Just throwing out there, I played campaign and campaign is SO much better than multiplayer.

Zeus
(@Zeus)

How is this a con?

Skill matched games. You are paired with people around your skill level leaving you to not be able to pubstomp and reach those high K/D's as much as you would like. Hopefully this will change when all of the Christmas noobs get the game.

If anything this is a pro because you are not going against noobs with no thumbs & you are playing against people around the same skill level as you making it more competitive/entertaining, It will also make you a better player in the long run (Yes it's good playing against noobs but it gets boring stomping them 24/7).

(@TheDonBro)

How is this a con?
If anything this is a pro because you are not going against noobs with no thumbs & you are playing against people around the same skill level as you making it more competitive/entertaining, It will also make you a better player in the long run (Yes it's good playing against noobs but it gets boring stomping them 24/7).

I see what you mean, but lets say you have 1 good day where you reck EVERYTHING, and that puts you 'higher' against better players the next day, and you rage hard because they're way better than you and you're playing crap. But hey it doesn't really matter what/who you play now everyone seem's to be better than me 100%...

(@BreeZyHD)

I see what you mean, but lets say you have 1 good day where you reck EVERYTHING, and that puts you 'higher' against better players the next day, and you rage hard because they're way better than you and you're playing crap. But hey it doesn't really matter what/who you play now everyone seem's to be better than me 100%...

no comment hehe...

Page 1 / 3