Notifications
Clear all

Administrator

Page 3 / 4

Nekrotic
(@Nekrotic)
Trusted RivalGamer

Firstly I would like to say thank you for the position.
Secondly I would like to say thank you for the welcomes 🙂
But let me clear this up. I went through an application externally. I was selected as being fit for the role. If you have an issue about me being promoted, please PM me, I will handle any queries, but let's keep it in PM.

Thanks again 🙂

(@NameIS)
New RivalGamer

It takes a bit of work to actually run and admin a site, although admins should also post create discussion there are things in the back end that need to be taken care of, especially for newer sites and sites that have larger communities that they must compete with. I've been on here for a while now, I help with the design work, but do you see me complaining about a new admin? No. I admin 2 sites and it isn't easy, not to say someone can't be a natural at it, but you must really want to do it and do it right and have some experience with communities to even be considered for an admin position.

I agree with you.

S0reFinger
Topic starter
(@s0refinger)
Reputable RivalGamer

Ghost - you have said your piece, let that be the end of it. We have done nothing that any other site wouldn't in our situation.
Its pretty unfair on Nekrotic when he was selected (fairly) by us to have to take that.

(@NameIS)
New RivalGamer

I don't give a damn where he's from it's unfar for the rest who is working hard for this site to get better. Even more worster!

A scenario:

Lets say you want to be an admin on here. You're trying to do everything possible to get it. Then they come across a guy who has had experience before and is looking to become admin on a site. The sites wants another admin and would rather not "train" you or they think you're not good enough. Who do you think they'll chose? You or him?

I don't code, but lets say I did code xenforo add-ons(Not template add-ons, $40 quality add-ons), I can tell you for a fact if I were to register on this site and provide proof that I can do what I say I can do, then my activity, join date and post count won't mean anything. Either way, I still would be getting promoted to admin within the week if I really wanted too.

Post count and join date shouldn't mean anything.

EDIT: I just read the part that said you know how to code. You want to become an admin? Simple, code some add-ons they need for FREE. Then they should realise how good you are. Then they should promote you and pay you since you will be coding for them. But of course the add-ons have to be good.

Nekrotic
(@Nekrotic)
Trusted RivalGamer

Let me tell you a story, about bees. But first let me tell you this, you commented on my join date and posts. They weren't 0. I didn't even have to post, I was in the middle of my application/interview process, but I posted because I wanted to.

But anyway, on to the bees. Now you might not like bees, but we need them to survive, they produce honey, and help with the whole plant life stuff that I am no expert on, but they help us survive. Now we don't help them, but if they were to die, we would help them, protect them, nurture them. Why? Because they are needed, not wanted but needed.

If you want admin, become the bee, make yourself needed, show your worth, rather than say your worth. And one day when you are needed, we will nurture you.

NameIS was correct, I was ready for an admin position on a site, I had what they were looking for, I put in my initial application, and moved through, where I had to talk with the community manager, and site owner. I was then accepted. A day later I officially received my promotion. Now, let me tell you something. I do not want someone who complains every time someone is promoted past them, you don't need moderator, the site is still small, what you can really do to help, is post, invite people, have fun.

If you are worth it, one day you will be promoted.
Become the bee 😛

Page 3 / 4