Clear all

Custom Firmware, rooting and unbricking help

Page 1 / 5

VEXOM
Topic starter
(@VEXOM)
Estimable RivalGamer

TeamWin Projects - TWRP 2.8 - | TeamWin
this will not work with Low end devices or Chinese phones unless modified for your device

this is the best recovery out at the moment i believe and its quite easy to install just follow the prompts on the website

Hello everyone, if you need any help with a phone you want to be rooted, have custom firmware, and un-bricking your device i will be glad to help, i have been tinkering with phones for a couple years now and ive fixed many phones. if you need desperate help comment your problem and i will get back to you with a solution through inbox. the brands i am used to are: Chinese MTK phones, samsung, lg, htc, sony and tablets aswell.

do not blame me if i can not help you in some cases phones get to a point where they are not fixable, this is when only factories can reset it for you which costs money. this is free of charge.... i can also do tutorials on Rooting your specific Device if you request it 🙂 i will not be blamed if you ruin your device.

i will also help you find the most stable cfw for your device.

ROOTING + CUSTOM FIRMWARE WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY SO IF YOU DECIDE TO TAMPER WITH YOUR PHONE THEN DO NOT DO IT WITH YOUR MOST EXPENSIVE ONE I RECOMMEND PRACTICING WITH AN OLD PHONE OR A CHEAPY until you learn how to do it all of course n_n

before modding Roms and kernels you need to be rooted first.
rooting is different with every device, try to find a safe method for your brand and model. if you cant find a method PM me your model and brand.. even Chinese phones with MTK65xx chip-sets.

• Install a custom recovery image on your device – you can use any recovery tool you want though it is recommended to flash CWM or TWRP recovery. The custom recovery will be used on the flashing operation as the stock recovery that comes pre-installed on Android can’t be used on unofficial procedures.
  • Backup the data which is saved on the internal storage memory of your handset; save everything you might need including text messages, call logs, internet settings, market apps, EFS folder and so on. Also, consider in making a Nandroid backup for saving the current software.

1. First of all, on your computer you need to download the proper update file.
    2. Optional: download the Google apps package if it is not included on the firmware file.
    3. Save the files on desktop; don’t unzip them.
    4. Then, connect your handset with the computer.
    5. Establish the connecting by using the USB cord.
    6. Copy-paste or drag and drop the downloaded files from desktop to your phone’s (tablet’s) SD card.
    7. Disconnect the devices by unplugging the USB cable.
    8. Turn off your smartphone / tablet and wait a few seconds.
    9. Then reboot your gadget into recovery mode.
    10. Next, navigate through the recovery mode menu and select “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvick cache”.
    11. The system will now be wiped out, so that’s why the backup has been recommended before.
    12. Up next, return to recovery main menu: select “+++go back+++”.
    13. And choose “install zip from SD card” and “choose zip from SD card”.
    14. Pick the update file and flash the same.
    15. Optional: repeat this operation for applying the Google Apps package.
    16. When the installation process ends, from recovery select “+++go back+++” and “reboot system now”.
    17. You are done.
    18. If you have any problems with this tutorial or you need extra help please PM me.

What is root access?
Rooting is often performed with the goal of overcoming limitations that carries and hardware manufacturers put on some devices, resulting in the ability to alter or replace system applications and settings, run specialized apps that require administrator-level permissions, or perform other operations that are otherwise inaccessible to a normal Android user. On Android, rooting can also facilitate the complete removal and replacement of the device's operating system, usually with a more recent release of its current operating system.

what is bricking?
Bricking can occur for any number of reasons. A thwarted attempt to update a device is one of these. Firmware updating for some gadgets is a process that must be successfully completed without interruption. As such, a power outage, user intervention or any other form of interruption that makes the update process stop, albeit inadvertently, may cause the existing firmware to be overwritten, rendering it useless.

Bricked equipment is also the unwelcome consequence of malicious or incorrect software, such as when firmware intended for a different hardware version of the device is installed.

In some cases, a consumer electronics company may intentionally create corrupt software that can brick a device as a way of penalizing users who unlock their gadgets to avoid the limitations the company imposed through its official firmware. For instance, Apple was reported to have been deliberately bricking jailbroken iPhones via software updates - a claim that the company has since denied.

In the hands of experts, a bricked piece of equipment still has the potential to become “unbricked,” with the use of complex software and hardware solutions. However, there is no guarantee that a procedure that works in recovering one bricked device will work with another.

Last Edit: 18:25 26th Aug

Link to XDA: Android, Windows Phone, and Windows Mobile Development News, Information, and Howtos - XDA Developers

Name of the Video Game, and any other Tags
24 Replies
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

My Phone is bricked what to do its a samsung galaxy s2 and its stuck on the booting part

VEXOM
Topic starter
(@VEXOM)
Estimable RivalGamer

can you get into recovery mode? volume up, home button and turn on button at the same time, hold in till it boots into a menu tell me if that works then i will be able to help.. if it doesnt boot into that then i will give you the steps to use odin

Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Lets Convo this

VEXOM
Topic starter
(@VEXOM)
Estimable RivalGamer

Lets Convo this

alright m8 tell me what exactly you did to your phone aswell so i can understand why its doing it 🙂

Page 1 / 5