Clear all

Social Media and forums

S0reFinger
Topic starter
(@s0refinger)
Reputable RivalGamer

Hi Guys,

I just want your opinion on something.

I have always thought that social media can play a significant role in the advertising of a forum. Its such massive area.

A while back, I tried to introduce the role of social media manager to S0rethumbs. It fell flat on its arse, and no one wanted to know.

I found it pretty difficult to understand why this was the case, after all - it could be a good opportunity to get a good self plug if anything.

Do you think such a role is something that can work? if so, what sort of responsibilities and requirements do you think it should entail?

Note, this isn't an advertisement for the role as it doesn't exist yet.

Name of the Video Game, and any other Tags
4 Replies
Quiet
(@Quiet)
Honorable RivalGamer

Advertising is everything for the site.This needs to be brought back.Since we merged and there are more members we may have a chance of finding one.Also we need to bring some more people here.

Cyb3r
(@cyb3r)
Noble RivalGamer

Well as I have already told you on skype I have always had this idea in mind but I didn't have the time to do it or find someone who's willing to help, I fully support this idea. Let me know if you need any assistance. 😉

S0reFinger
Topic starter
(@s0refinger)
Reputable RivalGamer

Yes I know mate, but what I was after was what people thought reasonable to expect of someone in that role 😛

Bose
 Bose
(@Bose)
Eminent RivalGamer

I am more than willing to help run this social media. I have all sorts of social media and I currently run a snapchat that I post nudes on haha ;). I can do shoutouts on that and some other things. I can run all the social media and be active on it. Also this is a good idea It's just that you have to post the correct things such as like updates/news and stuff like that to keep it active.