Notifications
Clear all

Shoutbox

Page 1 / 2

Cyb3r
Topic starter
(@cyb3r)
Noble RivalGamer

Hey guys so I wanted to know if it was good move when removing the chat from the home page or not, so please vote above if you want the chat back to the home page or leave it as is right now.

Take into consideration the following Cons:

1. It will make the home page a bit slower
  2. It might give the site dead taste when not active
  3. I don't know but I think it's unprofessional to have the chat on the homepage
  4. These are the main reasons who made me disable it from the homepage.

Name of the Video Game, and any other Tags
5 Replies
S0reFinger
(@s0refinger)
Reputable RivalGamer

Personally I didn't notice the difference in speed with the shout box on the homepage.

Now for me, the shout box should only be there when we have a significant active member base. If you don't it;

A. Contributes to making the forum look dead

B. Facilitates more activity in the shout box than the forum itself.

Cyb3r
Topic starter
(@cyb3r)
Noble RivalGamer

B. Facilitates more activity in the shout box than the forum itself.

Good point, and yeah I totally agree. (y)

LEGACYY
(@legacyy)
Noble RivalGamer

Good point, and yeah I totally agree. (y)

I say leave it where it because in my opinion if you move it to the front page then chat has too have heavy traffic cause if you move it and its completely dead like how it is now then its a complete waste of time and i didn't see a difference in speed wise but like i said its just my opinion

I Like Women
(@I Like Women)
Noble RivalGamer

The shout box is made for something, and it can be handy in the future. Either it may look dead or not, but it can represent it later in the future. Putting it in another section just feel empty. The way I remember it had it on main page. The time where I first spoke to Cyb3r was on chat. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't even be here to continue without knowing who Cyb3r really was.

I may be late, but yo put the shout box back to the main page

Page 1 / 2