Ps3 developer [email protected] has recently released a new POC plugin called PS3Lock (idea based off XMB Lock by ermak86) that offers password protection for your PS3. Originally the developer added this in a mod to webMAN MOD (LINK) but has since decided to add this into his own plugin. Basically you have 3 options to choose from and depending on what you choose is how locked down your PS3 Console will become. Its great to see more plugin development on the PS3, but stay tuned as we have a few more Plugin Stories we will be publishing very soon.
Note: At this time this plugin is for ONLY 4.46 CFW user's and is in German.
MixeryMaxe (Google Translation) wrote:
After my POC "password" protection for the PS3 ( https://psxtools.de/index.php/Thread/67696-POC-Passwort-gesch%25C3%25BCtztes-PS3-System-webMAN-mod-UPDATE-Fotos-Video/&usg=ALkJrhjk6Tvpt55DXwXykHqZTEfHc628d w">Google Translation) , I decided to create my own PS3 plugin and publish it.
PS3Lock v0.2 (currently only CFW 4:46)
This plugin equips your PlayStation 3 from a authentication system. It enables you to protect your PS3 against unauthorized access.
There are 2 ways to do this are the functions:
- Authentication is ENABLED
- Authentication LIMITED
- Authentication DISABLED
Authentication is ENABLED:
- Without authentication, the PS3, immediately shut down again with a warning sign. It has absolutely no access to the PS3 system.
- Without authentication "system update", "System Settings" and "Network Settings" locked. PS3 to remain and can be used otherwise normal.
- PS3 starts normally with full access to all settings.
Settings and functions:
The setting is at " R3 + START + TRIANGLE " In XMB and in-game XMB, enabled or disabled.
1 authentication is enabled:
- Without authentication runs the PS3, with a warning, immediately under Mr.
2 authentication regions:
- Without authentication system update, system settings, and network settings
3 authentication DISABLED:
- PS3 starts normally with full access.
When the plugin is installed and enabled has 2 ways to sign in each
1 Use the key combo " R3 + START + CIRCLE ". (Press and hold at the start of the PS3)
- It is sufficient if you pressed the combo from the Cold Boot (PS3 logo) for about 5 seconds
- Holding up an info "Authenticated", top right of the screen appears.
2 via a "password file" on disk. (Needs the PS3 launch in "/ dev_usb000" stuck)
- To create this password file, you need a USB stick or an external hard drive
- In FAT32 format.
- On this disk has a flag file "ps3.lock" created (eg a new
- Create a text file and "New Textdokument.txt" in "ps3.lock" rename).
- USB disk with flag file in "/ dev_usb000" (far right) and turn the plug with the
- Key Combo " R3 + START + TRIANGLE Password file "ENABLE. The" "is created and
- The "ps3.lock" deleted. It appears an info "password file created".
!!! For the restricted mode 5 files are installed "dev_flash" !!!
!!! It will overwrite any files !!!
- Ps3lock.sprx and boot_plugins.txt after "/ dev_hdd0" Copy.
- Should the boot_plugins.txt already exist then the following line must be added:
- Copy the flag file "ps3lock.install" and the folder "ps3lock_install" on a USB
- Disk in FAT32 format.
- Plug USB disk into "/ dev_usb000" (far right) and PS3 reboot.
When you start the plugin files are installed and the erfordenlichen from USB