MPs to debate UK pl...

Notifications
Clear all

MPs to debate UK plan to take 20,000 Syrian refugees

Zeus
Topic starter
(@Zeus)
New RivalGamer

David Cameron has said the UK will accept up to 20,000 people from camps surrounding Syria over the next five years, with priority given to vulnerable children. He says we the UK have a "Moral Responsibility" to those displaced by the war in Syria. Many of the refugees have been travelling over the Mediterranean by boat and for many it has been fatal, The UN is sending more staff & ships to deal with the situation on the Greek island of Lesbos where around 25,000 migrants have been left stranded.

Source

Name of the Video Game, and any other Tags
3 Replies
CallummL
(@CallummL)
Reputable RivalGamer

I suppose we need to help but I seriously think our homeless should be the number one priority. Once all the homeless are dealt with, we can then begin helping refugee's and help them build a life in our country. I read an article last night about how some families refused help from one country because their benefits weren't as good. It appalled me, in all honesty. I think the old saying "Beggers can't be choosers" comes into play a little bit. Also the fact that 5 terrorists have been caught trying to get into Europe posing as refugee's is quite scary. Because if 5 have been caught, how many haven't? Although it is a tragedy we still need to stay alert and we should be strict on who we let in. For example as David Cameron said, children are the main priority. I will try to find the articles I read last night.

Article 1: 5 Terrorists Get Arrested

Zeus
Topic starter
(@Zeus)
New RivalGamer

I suppose we need to help but I seriously think our homeless should be the number one priority. Once all the homeless are dealt with, we can then begin helping refugee's and help them build a life in our country. I read an article last night about how some families refused help from one country because their benefits weren't as good. It appalled me, in all honesty. I think the old saying "Beggers can't be choosers" comes into play a little bit. Also the fact that 5 terrorists have been caught trying to get into Europe posing as refugee's is quite scary. Because if 5 have been caught, how many haven't? Although it is a tragedy we still need to stay alert and we should be strict on who we let in. For example as David Cameron said, children are the main priority. I will try to find the articles I read last night.

Article 1: 5 Terrorists Get Arrested

That's the way I am looking at it as well (Remember the chat in shoutbox :)) there is many things wrong in our country but yet we are always helping out everyone else. If the refugees are purely trying to get into the UK for benefits they should not be granted access and sent back, As you said "Beggars can't be choosers" If they really wanted to get away from all the chaos happening in Syria they would flee to any country that welcomed them with open arms. There is probably a good few terrorists that have made it into Europe already posing as refugee's because they know we will not turn them away. The thing is no matter who we let in may it be children or adults they can easily be radicalised, As it has happened many times before where a family has moved to a different country and the kids find out about IS on the internet/news and decide they should join them and resulted in tragedies. It definitely is a hard decision to make for the MP's to but as I said to you they need to rule with their heads and not their hearts.

(@Dobrev)
New RivalGamer

I agree with you Zeus, They need to rule with their Heads and not their Hearts, It brings to many problems don't get me wrong i feel sorry for these people too but... We have too many people in the UK as it is.