Mayweather vs. Pacq...

Notifications
Clear all

Mayweather vs. Pacquiao fight

Page 2 / 2

CallummL
(@CallummL)
Reputable Member

Sorry to disagree with you all, I was a boxer for two years and Mayweather was using a defensive tactic, not running. He was getting away from the ropes and staying in the center. Some punches which look like they hit actually didn't, Mayweather has a very good defense stance, if you look at punches thrown by Manny in slow mo, you'll see barley any actually hit Mayweathers face, they just getting the gloves. Manny had a hit percentage of 19% and Mayweather ended with a 34% hit rate.

5. Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't at one point Mayweather punched Pacquiao below the waste?

It was a very borderline shot, could be argued by many that it was low, however I saw it as very borderline so did the commentators. Still very risky to go that low though.

Edit: The hugging is actually called clinching, it's a technique used by a lot of boxers, it's a valid technique to use to get away from ropes and out of trouble. 🙂

GAMERTAG
Topic starter
(@gamertag)
Honorable Member

Sorry to disagree with you all, I was a boxer for two years and Mayweather was using a defensive tactic, not running. He was getting away from the ropes and staying in the center. Some punches which look like they hit actually didn't, Mayweather has a very good defense stance, if you look at punches thrown by Manny in slow mo, you'll see barley any actually hit Mayweathers face, they just getting the gloves. Manny had a hit percentage of 19% and Mayweather ended with a 34% hit rate.

It was a very borderline shot, could be argued by many that it was low, however I saw it as very borderline so did the commentators. Still very risky to go that low though.

defensive tactic, may be but not very entetaining like a lot of boxing fights now a days i have boxed for over 20 years on a off an you can see the change in boxing its not like it used to be its all about money, im not saying mayweather is rubbish he is a very good boxer but he just never risked any thing just played it to safe

CallummL
(@CallummL)
Reputable Member

defensive tactic, may be but not very entetaining like a lot of boxing fights now a days i have boxed for over 20 years on a off an you can see the change in boxing its not like it used to be its all about money, im not saying mayweather is rubbish he is a very good boxer but he just never risked any thing just played it to safe

Mayweather likes winning, in fact his tactic has made him win 48 times without losing. Why would he change the way he fights, being open, aggressive and less defensive he wont wanna risk losing his undisputed title. Whilst it's not very entertaining, no ones forcing people to purchase the tickets or to watch it. There's actually a story to way he started fighting like this and why he hates losing so badly.

(@DeFalt)

Mayweather likes winning, in fact his tactic has made him win 48 times without losing. Why would he change the way he fights, being open, aggressive and less defensive he wont wanna risk losing his undisputed title. Whilst it's not very entertaining, no ones forcing people to purchase the tickets or to watch it. There's actually a story to way he started fighting like this and why he hates losing so badly.

but I mean, he's gonna have to fight again. It's not like he can take the worlds belt to the grave....or can he? idk

CallummL
(@CallummL)
Reputable Member

but I mean, he's gonna have to fight again. It's not like he can take the worlds belt to the grave....or can he? idk

He has his last fight in September, once he's retired someone else will fight to be called the champion. Obviously he can't take the belt to the grave. :p

Page 2 / 2