Page 6 / 7

WowYouPanCake
(@WowYouPanCake)
Active RivalGamer

Another great tutorial, thanks! 😛

Smoky75
(@Smoky75)
Eminent RivalGamer

Rather use the Joker/Pad Address Finder option than search for unknown values (which will cause NC to crash most of times if range is too big).

(@y8rz3l56ye2n8q)
Estimable RivalGamer

There might be more to this. I've made many button activated codes, and usually buttons come in about 3 formats that I usually find at the main menu of a game.
1. 2 bytes with all 16 buttons as bits with 0 for not pressed and 1 for pressed.
2. 2 bytes within 4 bytes, same as above.
3. 1-4 bytes for 1 button with 0 for pressed and varying values for pressed. Many games use 00000001 for pressed. I remember Aliens Vs Predator using 000000FF for pressed. Prototype was weird with everything being 00000001 for pressed except D-Pad left and right were 00000002. You'll also always need to make sure all buttons work, sometimes you'll find an area that seems right but often has nothing for Start, Select, L3, or R3. At times there's bytes around buttons used for sensitivity of the button press like a float ranging from 0.0 to 1.0 which I might end up using some day, but those always were in useless areas used for certain parts of a game and missing Start and Select.

It's also worth noting because I've only verified it once, but Singularity changes the location of the button addresses every time you start the game. Sometimes you'll need to break on read and use whatever you find to dump the base memory address somewhere of your choice, that's become my main habit these days because I'd rather avoid wasting time finding buttons more than once.

Cyb3r
(@cyb3r)
Noble RivalGamer

There might be more to this. I've made many button activated codes, and usually buttons come in about 3 formats that I usually find at the main menu of a game.
1. 2 bytes with all 16 buttons as bits with 0 for not pressed and 1 for pressed.
2. 2 bytes within 4 bytes, same as above.
3. 1-4 bytes for 1 button with 0 for pressed and varying values for pressed. Many games use 00000001 for pressed. I remember Aliens Vs Predator using 000000FF for pressed. Prototype was weird with everything being 00000001 for pressed except D-Pad left and right were 00000002. You'll also always need to make sure all buttons work, sometimes you'll find an area that seems right but often has nothing for Start, Select, L3, or R3. At times there's bytes around buttons used for sensitivity of the button press like a float ranging from 0.0 to 1.0 which I might end up using some day, but those always were in useless areas used for certain parts of a game and missing Start and Select.

It's also worth noting because I've only verified it once, but Singularity changes the location of the button addresses every time you start the game. Sometimes you'll need to break on read and use whatever you find to dump the base memory address somewhere of your choice, that's become my main habit these days because I'd rather avoid wasting time finding buttons more than once.

Nice addition to the thread, and nice to have such talented modders such as you here. 🙂

(@Ralfbt3099)
New RivalGamer

thank u so much

Page 6 / 7