Error after viewing...

Notifications
Clear all

Error after viewing tagged chat message notification

Wavy
Topic starter
(@Wavy)
New RivalGamer

So if someone tags you in the chatbox on the main forums page, you get this.

But when you click on it, you get this. At least for me.

So the suggestion would be to add some sort of chat archive that allows users to see what was said in and around the time of the tag in the chat. Seems kind of pointless to have a tag notification if you can't view it after the chat is too far ahead of when the tag happened. Just a thought

Name of the Video Game, and any other Tags
4 Replies
Legend
(@Legend)
Reputable RivalGamer

When you click that, it directs to the chat archive. Regular users do not have permission to access that. If i click on a notification, i just see a chat archive.

So there is a chat archive. Just normal members do not have permissioms to see it.

Wavy
Topic starter
(@Wavy)
New RivalGamer

When you click that, it directs to the chat archive. Regular users do not have permission to access that. If i click on a notification, i just see a chat archive.

So there is a chat archive. Just normal members do not have permissioms to see it.

I know staff has access, but there should be some sort of application for regular members. At the very least a quote of what was said in the tagged message. Realistically it is just the same as a thread, only real-time. I don't see why regular members wouldn't have access to it.

Legend
(@Legend)
Reputable RivalGamer

I know staff has access, but there should be some sort of application for regular members. At the very least a quote of what was said in the tagged message.

I do agree. If you can't see it in the notification, I don't see the point of getting one.. Brad P would it just be possible to give members the permissions to view the chat archive?

Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Fixed