Notifications
Clear all

Driveclub Review

CallummL
Topic starter
(@CallummL)
Reputable Member

Driveclub is an exclusive game to the Playstation platform and is developed by Evolution Studios. Get a feel for the steering wheel, ride alongside your friends and show them who is the boss of track racing.
If you can't beat them, why not join them? Create a club and race as a team. Create unique paint jobs and emblems to show off on the track. If you feel you're not ready for the multi-player, get started on the single player mode with hundreds of races to learn the ropes. Earn fame as you race to unlock new cars and get to the top.

I cannot explain enough, how long it took my friend to talk me into purchasing this game. I'm not much of a track racer, in fact I'd much rather take to the streets in a tuner and race across a city. However I eventually agreed to buying the game, and I'm really happy I did. Not only is there plenty to do in single player, there is a whole new world to the online mode with even more features.

Singleplayer
As soon as I installed Driveclub, I thought I'd play on my own for the first time. Get a feel for the tracks and for the cars I'd soon to be falling in love with. Immediately I realized that this was a good purchase, the graphics are stunning, the cars feel real and the soundtrack isn't bad either. There is also a lot to keep you entertained, enough races to fulfill your needs, in fact I still haven't finished half them. There is also two free DLC packs which include new cars, new tracks and a whole bunch of new races and challenges to overcome. If you feel this still isn't enough, you can purchase even more packs for a fair, cheap price.

Multiplayer
Evolution Studios have understood that a lot more people are playing online with their friends straight away, instead of playing the game on their own first. This has made them spend time on the multiplayer and bring in some new features, which we haven't seen in past racing games. There is a new whole concept of creating a club which you can fill with friends and take to online to battle out to be the best. To compliment your new crew, you can also add your own custom, unique paint jobs with hundreds of different designs. But wait, it doesn't stop there! You can also create your own club emblem to display on your cars to show who you are. If you thought that wasn't enough, why not scare your opponents by displaying your achievements on the side of your car. Show them what they're really messing with. You can also send challenges to your friends, for them to compete against.

Despite having new features, I feel they could have done a little more with it. When you're online racing with friends, or people you don't know there tends to be a lot of competition, therefore it leads to a dirty, unfair style of play. By this I mean, people would rather screw their selves over by slamming into a wall at 200MPH just to prevent you from getting past. This obviously frustrating and I feel that they could implement features to stop this from happening.

I really don't have many bad things to say about the game itself, other than the people that decide to play unfairly. Nonetheless, that's just people are. I highly recommend purchasing the game if you're a fan of beautifully designed cars and maps, and obviously if you're a car fanatic.

Trailer

Rating:

Name of the Video Game, and any other Tags
4 Replies
(@Teufel Hunden)

I have personally never played drive club. But I was always a Need For Speed kid when I was younger. My friend, my brothers, and I would stay up all night on the weekend playing Need For Speed.

CallummL
Topic starter
(@CallummL)
Reputable Member

I have personally never played drive club. But I was always a Need For Speed kid when I was younger. My friend, my brothers, and I would stay up all night on the weekend playing Need For Speed.

Yeah I was always a Need For Speed guy to, however with the direction they've taken, I've been quite disappointed with their past couple of games. But Driveclub has seriously amazed me, I bought it with high expectations, they have fulfilled.

Quiet
(@Quiet)
Honorable Member

I was into Burnout and Midnight Club.I think this will top both.

CallummL
Topic starter
(@CallummL)
Reputable Member

I was into Burnout and Midnight Club.I think this will top both.

Big fan of Midnightclub, not really a Burnout fan. However it does top both of these games. The only thing is lacks is car customization.