Deliver Us From Evi...

Notifications
Clear all

Deliver Us From Evil review

Topic starter
(@Teufel Hunden)
New RivalGamer

Hey Rival Gamer, Just got finished watching "Deliver Us From Evil" and let me just start off with- It's in your best interest not to drink a lot of soda and water while it's still 500 am..In a dark room, by your self.

This movie is about a New York Police Officer named "Ralph Sarchie". He begins taking calls he normally doesn't take or his "radar", a Domestic Violence call brings him to a whole new reality. Something that he stopped believing in at the age of 12. Ralph joins forces with a priest whom is schooled in exorcism.

Now I don't get scared from these horror films because they're basically all the same and follow the same story. "Possessed woman kills innocent people and forces of evil are spread around" kind of story. This time it was different. The director and writer really knows what they're doing. During the movie, you want to be on the edge of your seat, however you want to be buried deep into your seat behind a shotgun and a steel wall. I am trying to quit dipping and all I think about is dip, dip, and dip. I can't focus, I get nauseous, and just all around don't feel good. However, when watching this movie and writing this I did not feel any of it. This movie has me so intrigued and so into the movie, usually I am not like this with horror movies.

I can safely say that the whole time the movie was going on, I wanted the ending to come to so I can know what the hell is going on! How does this end!? What is going to happen!? Usually, with horror movies, I just sit back and relax and just 'ya know, not really pay attention since I know how it's going to end. The best part about this movie - This movie has horror, drama, and some comic relief like we all need.

The beginning and middle were VERY creepy. Towards the hour and a half mark, the movie just got dumb. Just got boring. Fight scene? With a demon? That's just ridiculous. This movie is supposed to be on account of an NYPD Sergeant. But that was just ridiculously stupid. I had high hopes for this movie and now i'm just thinking about my dip, when that part came on... I just started thinking about dip and my hopes just went straight down for the ending of this movie.

I like when movies make it seem like these are real and they really happened. Why can't we just stick with that? Not adding all of this fake sh*t. When watching this movie, I wish I would've cut it off a while ago. I mean seriously, just stick with what the Sergeant told you, recreate that and just leave it alone. No need to add Star Wars sh*t. When you find out the demons name, you're just gonna laugh. They should've looked up an actual demon's name. The demon from "The Last Exorcism"'s name was real and SCARY. It didn't sound like a child's book.

Now that's it for the review, the movie was AMAZING until about the 1 hour and 22 minute mark and then it just went downhill. One and a half stars by Rotten Tomatoes is a pretty low score for the beginning. You have to factor in all the variables, I NEVER agree with Rotten Tomatoes. But the ending, yes I agree with it. But since we're factoring in how much I enjoyed the beginning.... I give it about a.......

Name of the Video Game, and any other Tags
1 Reply
(@XBLAwh)
New RivalGamer

I thought this movie was pretty cool I saw this in theaters when it came out I would rate it a 6/10 or a 7/10 đŸ˜‰