Notifications
Clear all

Custom Usergroups Idea

Page 3 / 3

Nekrotic
(@Nekrotic)
Trusted RivalGamer

How about this.
A custom usergroup can be purchased for X dollars. You become the owner, and can assign leaders, who can accept requests to join, invite people etc. You choose your user bar, and get your own forum section. Similar to the mybb system that a lot of sites use.

CallummL
(@CallummL)
Reputable RivalGamer

It shows you do more work.Badges are small and little.Rarely anyone pays attention to them.Custom Usergroups everyone pays attention to.It will raise our funds and bring more attention.

I honestly don't see how it "shows you do more work". You'll have to explain that because they'll have to do the same work to gain a userbar as they did to gain a badge? Badges are displayed under the username on a post so you can't really miss it? As I said, I really don't see any need for this, badges take care of it and the only userbars which need to be displayed are; Administrator, Super Moderator, Moderator, Premium. If you create too many userbars/usergroups the site starts becoming less clean and less professional.

Nekrotic
(@Nekrotic)
Trusted RivalGamer

No, This will not be implemented, it means we have to make groups for things that we recognise with badges. However, if you can come up with a better usergroup system, I am prepared to listen.

S0reFinger
(@s0refinger)
Reputable RivalGamer

It shows you do more work.Badges are small and little.Rarely anyone pays attention to them.Custom Usergroups everyone pays attention to.It will raise our funds and bring more attention.

Then what on earth is the point in having the badges at all?

Page 3 / 3