My goal is to encourage you to make your own content for yourself and RivalGamer.com. This tutorial will take you though the steps of how to make modded PS3 PKG files.
Things you need:
1. PS3 running a CFW with an FTP
2. Offsets for the version game you wish to mod
2. The tools posted here
Zip password: RivalGamer.com
1. Download and extract the tools
2. Download the files below via FTP for the game of your choice from the PS3 and place them in the "game" folder in the "Pkg repacker"
(ICON0.PNG, PARAM.SFO, USDIREBOOT.BIN)
3. Move the "Eboot.bin" to the root directory of the "Self Resigner". Run "resigner.exe" and select option 1 (assuming this is a CEX eboot)
4. There will now be a new file named "EBOOT.ELF" in the resigner's root directory.
5. This "ELF" file is what you will edit to make the mods. Use your favorite hex editor (HxD is a good one, link included above) and modify the offsets you had found earlier in the tutorial.
6. Move the modified "ELF" into the root of the "resigner". Run the application and select option "2" for CEX or "11" for DEX.
7. Move the new "EBOOT.BIN" into the "USRDIR" directory I showed you in video for step 2.
8. Run the "repacker" program and select option 1.
9. You should now have your modded pkg file in your "pkg" directory.
10. Connect to your PS3 via FTP and install the pkg. If you're unsure how to do that, follow the tutorial here: