Today im going to show you two different programs, to make your PC look nicer.
I know there are lots of programs, but this are my 2 favourites:
[HIDE]Fences Download: Fences
Fences helps you organize your PC by automatically placing your shortcuts and icons into resizable shaded areas on your desktop called fences. Its many customization features are what make Fences the world's most popular Windows desktop enhancement. Fences enables you to create shaded areas on your desktop that you can place icons into called fences. You can label them however you wish as well as move or resize them anywhere on the desktop. Create multiple pages of fences on your desktop and quickly swipe between them. To change to a different desktop page, just take your mouse cursor to the edge of your screen and click and drag. Then a new page of fences will be displayed. This feature provides greater control over how you can organize favorite programs, documents, websites and more. Instantly clean up your desktop. Double-click any blank space on your desktop and your icons will fade out. Double-click again and they will return. You can even pick icons and individual fences to exclude. Define rules for how your icons are arranged on your desktop and Fences will automatically sort new icons into the fences you have chosen based on your rules. Fences can act as a portal to any folder on your PC. For example, your documents or pictures folders can be mirrored onto your desktop as a fence enabling quick access to their contents without adding clutter to your desktop. Quickly personalize the labels, background colors and transparency of your fences from the easy to use configuration menu.
Official site: http://www.stardock.com/products/fences/
Next program is called:
Rainmeter ( It's free, so no crack :p Download: Rainmeter, desktop customization tool)
Rainmeter displays customizable skins, like memory and battery power, RSS feeds and weather forecasts, right on your desktop. Many skins are even functional: they can record your notes and to-do lists, launch your favorite applications, and control your media player - all in a clean, unobtrusive interface that you can rearrange and customize to your liking. Rainmeter is at once an application and a toolkit. You are only limited by your imagination and creativity.
What i love about Raimeter, is that you can change its skins 😉
You can also download some skins from here: Browsing Rainmeter on DeviantArt
Also, here is a tutorial if you want clickable buttons in your desktop:
- Find a nice icon set that you like! For me it was Metro UI Icon Set - 725 Icons by dAKirby309 on DeviantArt . And I'll use that set as an example for the rest of this tutorial.
- Make a folder named something like "Metro UI Launchers" and put it in C:UsersYourNameHereDocumentsRainmeterSkins so that way Rainmeter will pick up on it.
- Create two different folder names in there, one being "@Resources" and the other "Launchers". Just like this:
- The resources folder is where you're going to put all your icons.
- Now in the "Launchers" folder you're going to want to create a folder for every program you plan on making a button for. Pretty much like this: .
- And now in each one of those folders you're going to make a .ini file for the program. (Pro tip: You can create one and just copy paste and edit things you need to)
- And for those .ini files it's going to look something like this:
. It'll vary from program to program.
- Make sure you find the name for that program in the icon set resource folder and put "#@#" before the name besides "ImageName=" so it'll search in that resource folder.
- After that, go into Rainmeter (you can open it by clicking it in the taskbar) and refresh and you should see your skin there!
Hope you guys enjoyed the tutorial, and i want to see some cool desktops in the comments!
A friend's Desktop: [HIDE] [/HIDE]
My desktop: [HIDE]