Changes are coming

Page 1 / 3

Cain532
Topic starter
(@cain532)
Noble RivalGamer

@anxify @LEGACYY @GamePwnzer @I Like Women @DevOpsInc @Vexx @TehShooter
@lee1500

Alright, so we are going to be changing the entire rank structure. I need a few things from you all.

Find your replacement!!!!
This isn't me saying "You're getting canned" this is me saying we need more staff members. I want you all to reach out to people in the forum or if you have other connections. You need to get them to be as active if not more so than you. As you progress through the staff ranks, they will fill in your slots. It is a mentor-ship method meant to break up monotony and help to bring in new talent.

Don't get too comfortable!!
Again, this is gonna be a bit different. I want everyone to get a feel for what RG has to offer, and this means you will be shifting from one section to another (this is for my sectional moderators) I am considering a bi-monthly section shift (so you will swap to a new section every 2 months)

Keep us up to date and current!!!
I need you guys to do some leg work here! Scour the internet and find new exciting information in your respective section! I'm not going to impose any sort of thread creation limit or anything like that. But don't think we won't be watching. Inactivity will be handled accordingly unless we are given a good reason 😉 ((And yes I TOTALLY understand that this is a free "on your own time" thing I don't expect this to become your job. ))

Follow the chain of command!!
We are all friends here, I have helped you all out in some way shape or form and you have helped me. We have a great family built up here in RG, but that leads to a lot of complacency issues. By that I mean people jumping straight to either myself or Cyb3r with minor issues instead of routing it through their global mod or Deputy Chief. I do understand our staff team has been super lacking, we all have been. and we aren't even structured the way we need to be anymore but rest assured I will be making sure that a rank structure is in place. This will be the only point that I will be an outright dick about 😉 It's for your best interest and it will help alleviate any misconceptions of favoritism.

Be honest
This one goes without saying guys. Don't hold things back, don't lie to us, don't think that you're way is always right and don't single anyone out. We don't have the luxory of hashing these things out with each other in a one on one fashion and sarcasm is lost on the internet so be good to each other!

Be Unique!!
This is where we set ourselves apart from every other forum! We have some of the most unique people on this forum. Sadly most of us are introverts and would rather tell everyone else to fuck off haha. I want each of you to make a "Get to know your moderator/Staff" post talking about yourself. I want this in the introduction section and if possible link it into your signature somehow. This will help humanize you with our members so make it count! It needs to be unique and give everyone here a good idea of how awesome you are!

The Discord Server!
We need to get more people involved with our Discord server :p Discord has some great potential! I'm going to be looking at adding some moderators to the channel, and those of you that already are moderators I need you to let me know if you are up for the task or if you need me to remove you. No harm, no foul :p

That's all I got!!!
@Cyb3r put me in charge of the newsletter, so I'm trying my best to learn how that shit works haha that being said I would LOVE to know what sort of things I should put on it 😀 so you guys need to find some cool shit and post it so I can link it and submit these newsletters! Lets get the ball rolling this year!!!

Do some research on PS4 modding, that is making leaps and bounds these days! Even if you don't have a 4.05 PS4, you can find information and make posts about it. DO NOT copy/paste posts guys :/ I shouldn't have to say it, but it still happens. Do your research and make a good informative post.

The Nintendo Switch is coming along as well, there should be Homebrew coming out for that in the near future, so lets keep our eyes peeled on that front.

PC Modding is always going to be relevant. nuff said, ILW you usually got your head around that front so maybe if you can find some cool shit on it? :p I still struggle with PC modding, but I'm learning... Slow process lmfao

Xbox 360 and Xbox One. Both of these are dying out, more so that PS3 I think. But it is still relevant! Poke around and find some stuff for these sections :p

Know your sources!!!
Github is AMAZING, do a search around it sometime, if you find something that is just outright fucking cool, post that shit! give credit where credit is due and so on 🙂

Language Policy!!!
So, this one isn't really changing. Posts still must be made in English. But for first time offenses, I am thinking we can give them the benefit of the doubt. Translate the post and send them a DM. I think it sends the wrong message when we just delete it without warning. Not everyone checks their emails when a post gets deleted

That's it, for real this time. Feedback is welcome! Please comment to let me know you read this and also if there are questions or concerns. I haven't started moving ranks around but expect to be demoted and shuffled. We are gonna be starting from the ground up.

Name of the Video Game, and any other Tags
11 Replies
I Like Women
(@I Like Women)
Noble RivalGamer

Well, I haven't spent too much time around the PC modding that much anymore as college has taken over the majority of my free time but , for sure whenever I get that time to kill . I'd be learning and developing some tools on pc modding area. Again, I have other projects im working on such as my game that is currently being developed via unity. Other then that, I hope you do find a very decent new staff members that can keep the community running and going .

Did I even make my own introduction thread ? Don't even remember at all.

I sure am very curious about this structure that is being built from ground up.

Cyb3r
(@cyb3r)
Noble RivalGamer

We need a recruiter, staff manager and community manager with experience.

Cain532
Topic starter
(@cain532)
Noble RivalGamer

We need a recruiter, staff manager and community manager with experience.

Where do we find one

I Like Women
(@I Like Women)
Noble RivalGamer

Where do we find one

We don't, they find us. But if you do need a "experience" person in those roles, I don't think they'll do it for volunteer but for salary.

Page 1 / 3