[TOOL] PS4 PKG ASSE...

Notifications
Clear all

[TOOL] PS4 PKG ASSESSER

xHARDHeMPuS
Topic starter
(@xhardhempus)
Estimable RivalGamer

Note: I almost forgot, thanks to FeverDEX for offering assistance when I needed it

Intro and Notes

I wanted to do something in C++, and I remember a few weeks ago pulling the bo3 beta package off of the ps4, so I thought I'd make a little tool that would give you basic information on a ps4 package file. I'm not sure if somebody has already made this kind of thing, but I thought I'd share something with the community again :D. The tool is very simple, it merely just reads from a file, but some of you still might find it interesting :p

I've tested the program with various different packages (bo3 beta pkg, youtube pkg, Netflix pkg, etc.), but I haven't gotten around to testing too many due to work and such. I have to go to work in a bit which is why I'm trying to get this little release out now.

To use the tool, all you need to do is copy / move the desired package into the program's folder, run the .exe file, and type in the package file's name that you wish to evaluate (including the .pkg extension). For example, I took various packages and renamed the one I wanted to test to "test.pkg" to make testing simpler. I might redesign this tool so it has a gui and such, but for now, just a text output seems sufficient.

[/HR]
Some noted issues

A minor issue is the values don't line up in the program. The values are correct, but some information contains more digits than others and it could look a little messy. I plan to fix this, but like I said I want to put out an at least functional version before I have to go for a while. If you do encounter any issues with any given package, leave a reply below and I'll address it ;D

Again if you do find any issues (such as errors and such), please do report it so I can learn from it and fix it. I've implemented basic checks, but it's still a possibility. I don't really care if you RE the exe or anything, not like it's an elite exclusive or something I'm selling :p

[/HR]
Preview

[/HR]
Download and Virus Scan

Download includes a readme.txt (includes virustotal link and snippet of this thread), the program's executable, and the official YouTube pkg (test.pkg) to test with. To staff: If the test pkg (Amazon/LOVEFiLM) is considered warez in some way (it's not really because it's free but :p), let me know and I'll remove it from the zip file, however it shouldn't be a problem.

[DOWNLOAD - MEDIAFIRE] [ALTERNATE DOWNLOAD - MEGA] [VIRUS SCAN - VIRUS TOTAL]

Name of the Video Game, and any other Tags