Steam Basic Information
Steam is a broadband platform for direct software delivery and content management. It is an integral part of all Valve software.
- Allows you to purchase and immediately download games via the internet.
- Allows you to register retail versions of Valve games as well as some third-party games.
- Lets you access games from any PC that can connect to the Steam network.
- Automatically keeps all of your games up-to-date with the latest available patches.
- Allows you to chat with friends in the Steam community even during gameplay.
- Makes it easy to browse and connect to online and LAN game servers for certain games.
- Allows you to view which games your friends are currently playing and join them.
Installing Steam topic for instructions on downloading and installing Steam.
Steam application, you will need to login to the Steam account you have added (or will add) your game to. Your game is tied to this Steam account and cannot be re-registered to a different account.
Clicking Library in the Steam application will bring you to a listing of all games that have been registered to this Steam account. Double click any of these titles to install and run the game.
Account Security Recommendations topic for instructions on protecting your Steam account.