Social Engineering ...

Notifications
Clear all

Social Engineering Trash to Cash ( My Journey as of 1/9/16)

Page 1 / 2

Rage
 Rage
Topic starter
(@Rage)
Estimable RivalGamer

Hello RG users, I am going to be writting everything I have done and will be doing on this post, I will provide pictures along with how I am doing everything to ensure this process success !

My Goal: My goal is to flip trash found in GameStops Dumpsters into Cash in hand !!

Green Dates Mark Successful Days
Yellow Dates Mark Just Day of Progress
Red Dates Mark Unsuccessful Days

__________________________________________________________________________________________

11/12/15

So we need supplies to start off our dumpster diving...
- Gloves (to keep our hands clean)
- Headlamps (to see in the dark as we are going at night)

We went to a couple GameStop locations 1 which had a dumpster that smashes the trash that we could have gotten in but you could get killed from that so we decided to just count it as a loss, another location had dumpsters but upgraded within the last few months to the same dumpster which we again counted as a loss, our last GameStop location of the night we found one of the systems that GameStop uses to display there headsets along with the headsets but some of the wires were cut. We took the display and all the headsets and I have been removing and rewiring the headsets to get them to work and if they don't work to make them at least look good.

they also had some boxes which I left but I now know I should have taken them so if I found consoles I would get store credit at Wal-Mart or get them replaced at Wal-Mart.

We got lucky one of the headsets did not have cut wires so we tested them... one ear piece is blown out.

Headset is worth $89.99 brand new http://www.bestbuy.com/site/pdp-afterglow-universal-prismatic-wireless-headset-black/8836071.p?id=1218911500413&skuId=8836071

__________________________________________________________________________________________

11/23/15

Should have done this earlier but I was busy working on other projects and working at my actual job but now its time to get the broken pair replaced as getting money for a working pair is much easier

I went to there official site which was a bitch to find as I kept going to dumb singers sites known as "The Afterglows" ugh !!

So I found there site here http://www.pdp.com/ cool !!

So I created an account on there site and said...

I got an auto response e-mail...

Cool I have there attention and they are willing to send a replacement after I send me broken headset in !

I sent my info such as name, address, and everything as asked but I will not post a picture of that here as all it is is my info but I got the headset ready in the box

Here is the headset all boxed up and waiting on FedEx to bring by the shipping label and to pick it up

Now we wait on FedEx to pick up !!

12/2/15

Finally got the e-mail response back, I accidently sent it to the wrong e-mail at first and then when I did e-mail the correct e-mail I got a slow response

12/3/15

E-mail confirmation that FedEx will be here tomorrow to pick up the headset !!

12/4/15

So they picked it up !

Now the 2 - 3 week wait for a new headset to come in 😀 I really hope they send a new in box headset as I only sent in the headset because I did not have the other parts, if they say anything via e-mail I will take care of it 😀

12/7/15

How the fuck did they know ?!?!

My guess is the serial number... FUCK !

Time for a hailmarry, this is either going to be a hit or a miss !!

PLEASE WORK !!!!

12/8/15

So far things are not going as planned and now I need to provide proof of a receipt I do not have...

Time to see how well my photoshop skills are & if they are good enough to pull this off !

12/10/15

So here is the start of my photoshopped image of a GameStop receipt, I saw a GameStop receipt .psd on LeakForums but all links were dead and posts were made 2 years ago so I am making mine from scratch & once done I may release the .psd and/or make a receipt generator 😀

12/11/15

My receipt so far, any suggestions to make it look more realistic ?? If not I will send it in like so 😀
(***Note: I will be releasing the .psd for this image so any other user can use this for SE'ing)

E-mail with receipt has been sent !! Lets see what happens now

1/9/16

Sad to say in the end things ended up going bad, I never got the replacement headset or the one I sent in since it was a display headset, I also never got an email response back from them after I sent the receipt most likely because the serial number was marked as for display only lol.

But we will not give up that easily !!!!

Name of the Video Game, and any other Tags
8 Replies
Cyb3r
(@cyb3r)
Noble RivalGamer

Seems legit. Wish I could do that. lol

Rage
 Rage
Topic starter
(@Rage)
Estimable RivalGamer

Seems legit. Wish I could do that. lol

Its easy and I just got my e-mail response ":D

Sw3Rve-X
(@Sw3Rve-X)
Reputable RivalGamer

This is pretty awesome, nice work Rage ^-^

Rage
 Rage
Topic starter
(@Rage)
Estimable RivalGamer

This is pretty awesome, nice work Rage ^-^

thanks 😀 when the delivery guy is here to pick up I am going to try to take a pic also lol or a short video lol, idk yet

Page 1 / 2