Notifications
Clear all

Silent Hill 3 HD

Page 2 / 3

(@y8rz3l56ye2n8q)
Estimable RivalGamer

If you're going to modify the files for this game, ignore EBOOT.BIN and treat sh3game.ppu.SELF like a normal eboot.bin. Decrypt it like EBOOT.BIN, modify stuff, and then encrypt it back to sh3game.ppu.SELF.

(@AntonBozhanov)
New RivalGamer

thanks for the reply! I will try to mod mentioned above file with resigner and HxD. still, it's not clear to me how you know which of the files (.Bin or .self) to mod?!)

Cain532
(@cain532)
Noble RivalGamer

thanks for the reply! I will try to mod mentioned above file with resigner and HxD. still, it's not clear to me how you know which of the files (.Bin or .self) to mod?!)

I'm not sure how this game works exactly, but more often than not the EBOOT.BIN is used to launch the game. If there is a .self file somewhere the EBOOT could act as a launcher that defers to the .self. There are a few options you can go from here. One of which being debug the .self file and then simply rename it to EBOOT.BIN. or depending on which CFW you're running you can debug the .self. I hope that all made sense! Let me know if you need any help.

(@AntonBozhanov)
New RivalGamer

Thank you so much for your help. I will try to work sth out. I'm using rebug 4.81, and my console is CEX. I cannot use PS3 debugger and target manager, have to make ps3 DEX compatible first. That's why I will be using game patterns which was founded by others. What is left for me is to find a way how to add offsets and patterns to the game. Thanks again, you're very kind person)

(@y8rz3l56ye2n8q)
Estimable RivalGamer

The HD collection has 3 things in the /USRDIR/ folder for self files. EBOOT.BIN is a tiny pointless loader that allows you to choose SH2 or SH3. SH2 is the file named sh2game.ppu.SELF and can be treated just like EBOOT.BIN. SH3 is sh3game.ppu.SELF. I'm lazy when modding this, so I just renamed sh3game.ppu.SELF to EBOOT.BIN so I can skip straight to the game without the pointless loader EBOOT.BIN.

Page 2 / 3