Notifications
Clear all

Shoutbox Ideas

Page 1 / 2

Topic starter
(@ReMiXzZ)
New RivalGamer

Oke so my 1st thought: Would to have the shoutbox as a premium feature on this website since anybody can join up with an account and some people may just for example create a fake account to spam the chat with their site or other stuff.
Also since the number of community members will grow in time also more people will use the chat so it would get verry busy and messages will go fast so u can barely read them, also for support related and i dont think the chat is for support but people might start asking those questions instead of making a thread wich can become verry anoying

2nd: i think when u have a shoutbox there is a good opertunity for an other open job like ex: a "shoutbox moderator" that keeps the chat desent at all times (when online might even be 2 people?)

3rd: It would be nice too if we would see in the shoutbox where & when a new thread was posted on the site.

Name of the Video Game, and any other Tags
9 Replies
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

2nd: i think when u have a shoutbox there is a good opertunity for an other open job like ex: a "shoutbox moderator" that keeps the chat desent at all times (when online might even be 2 people?)

Stepping Stones (STAFF POSITIONS) | Rival Gamer

i think your idea of a premium shoutbox will be introduced at some point when we do indeed grow, i can see it becoming a MAIN attraction for users to be lazy and ask there.

Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

You know what's funny, I was thinking of the same exact thing you said in your first suggestion.
If the chat gets very hogged up we will evidently have no choice to turn it into a premium feature.
as for having a shoutbox moderator
Regular moderators and super moderators, including myself and @GlitchyTea should keep the chat clean as it is

S0reFinger
(@s0refinger)
Reputable RivalGamer

3rd: It would be nice too if we would see in the shoutbox where & when a new thread was posted on the site.

Depeding on the chat box in use, this is easily done. My shoutbox does.

Unfortunately that is about the only thing posted on there currently :/

(@Amnesys)
New RivalGamer

the shoutbox is kind of taking people away from the main forum its a nice feature to have but people are just going to stay there instead of adding to the forum.

Page 1 / 2