PS4 HACKING/MODDING...

Notifications
Clear all

PS4 HACKING/MODDING FULL INFORMATIONAL THREAD

xHARDHeMPuS
Topic starter
(@xhardhempus)
Estimable Member

Hello Rivalgamer, i'm going to create this thread to be able to convey what has been going on, and what important materiality has been released. I will also add a few more details about specific things. Please don't share this thread outside of Rivalgamer. If you are, please show credit, thank you.

Dev/Rev/Coder Information

As we all know, many devs, revs, and users have been trying their hardest to break through the console, and find many different exploits/vulnerabilities. People we thank for, and their hard work for trying to break into the system to release great sources, tools, and exploits:
    • CTurt for releasing many great things such as: Found a hacky way to render graphics in native code using HTML5 canvas, released PS4-Playground, many clues to extra exploits, user to WebExploit, made homebrews on PS4, emulator on PS4, releasing PS4's SDK, and also released + worked on the Linux PS4.
    • -

• kR105 for releasing a fully operational dlclose exploit which sparked up the hacking scene.
    • -

• psxdev (bigboss) for releasing and updating PS4Link, making homebrews, working on the dlclose as well, reversing ps4 sceLibCamera.sprx, function offsets checked, reversing data structs, and also working + releasing some "lib's".
    • -

• cfwprophet for leaking the BadIRET Kernel Exploit of CTurt.
    • -

• zecoxao for digging for known Chrome/webkit vulnerabilities, and asking people to test which ones crash their PS4.
    • -

• Red-EyeX32 for releasing an amazing tool which lets you extract Playstation 4 .trp files and extract the files in the container.
    • -

• Specter for releasing a fantastic tool which lets you pull basic information on a Playstation 4 package file (.pkg).

Information to Modders

Many people are getting hype over these few months expecting a Custom Firmware/Jailbreak. I have said this, and i'm going to say this the most simplified way I can. Guys, we will NOT be seeing a jailbreak nor a Custom Firmware that is 100% OPERATIONAL in MONTHS what the hell maybe in a few YEARS. If you are getting hype to see modding on the PS4. Such as modifying multiple games. You won't be seeing that for even more years... it probably wont even happend to be honest. So stop thinking about Gamesaves, Modding GTA5/COD Cryptokeys, Azza Lobbies, Aimbot, and game resigning. No guys, it's not happening for a while. Just be patient for a good amount of time. From my hypothesis, I think PS3 game resigning took about 4/5 years? Not too sure, but if it did happend in 2012. Just imagine how long it will take for a Custom Firmware to be released. The PlayStation 4's operating system is called "Orbis OS", based upon a customized FreeBSD 9.0. This is a way more complex system to break through instead of the Playstation 3 since it is more advanced. In conclusion, please stop thinking you will be modding soon. The time is no where near a Custom Firmware. I'm not saying this because everyone annoys me with all the modding theories. I'm clearly stating facts about what to see in the future planned ahead of us.

Important Tutorials for Newbie Devs/Coders/Revs:

Okay so for the most part, many Developers or Reverse Engineers have found multiple doors that are directly open to the hacking scene of the Playstation 4. If you are new to the team, and would like to help. Here are a few tutorials and download links to get started now! Everyone is free to try to find exploits, and open doors for individuals.

Link for Full Operational dlclose exploit: HERE

Link to Spec's PKG Assesser Tool: HERE
Link to install and run Linux on PS4: HERE
Link to install and run Ubuntu on PS4: HERE
Link to download PS4Link (Updated): HERE
Link to Red's Trophy .TRP Extractor Tool: HERE

Warning to all Users

Hello NextGenUpdate, this part is to warn most of you all that is always downloading things. Many people tend to believe in everything in the internet, and end up downloading fake .exe's and tools. This is a message from ME. PLEASE DON'T DOWNLOAD ANY PS4 MODS OFF OF YOUTUBE! Please don't trust anyone that says that they have their PS4 Jailbroken, and that have the files. They are usually R.A.T.s, Viruses, or even surveys. Please, I encourage you to never download off of Youtube. Everything I post on the PS4 Modding Section will always be 100% Real. This is just a warning to everyone! I always receive PMs or comments that they have seen individuals release tools, CFW Links, and also fake webpages! They are all fake! If any of you have a question for me about checking tool out for you, please feel free to do so. I care for everyone of you, and wouldn't want to see you getting trolled over a fake download link. -

HaRDHackPS3

Subscribe on My Channel

https://www.youtube.com/user/HaRDHackPS3

Name of the Video Game, and any other Tags
2 Replies
(@ACE BOOGIE)

Tel me more about this tool does it work on the ps4 pro and how to install

Cain532
(@cain532)
Noble Member

Tel me more about this tool does it work on the ps4 pro and how to install

It's in it's infancy, you need to be on OFW 1.76 or lower.