Need help with a co...

Notifications
Clear all

Need help with a couple big projects! Make RivalGamer Great Again!

Cain532
Topic starter
(@cain532)
Noble RivalGamer

I came back to the modding scene 6 months after some work related travels with renewed fondness for the scene and a yearning to bring forth some amazing content.

I want RivalGamer to thrive and become the amazing center of modding that we all know it can be and I got a few projects lined up that might just help get us there. But I need your help! I can't do this all on my own so I am reaching out to the community that I have grown quite fond of.

The first project is an old one, but I want to see it finished. Most of you know of it, it's the RedDeadRekt menu for Red Dead Redemption. I hope to have versions available for PS3 and Xbox360. Currently I need people good with IDA to help reverse functions and find a drawing native that we can use to actually draw the menu with. I've done almost all that I can but still can't get it figured out.

Must be good with IDA
Have access to modded PS3 on DEX CFW
Felxible hours
Discord (chat engine)
DESIRE

The second project is another menu that I am excited to get working on! Metal Gear Solid V : Phantom Pain
now, I've been poking around this game a bit and so far it's been fairly easy to find native functions in IDA. but it's hard to test them because I do not have a way to debug this game. I am hit with Black Screen when running this game each and every time, so I need help on that end!

Must be good with IDA
Have access to modded PS3 on DEX CFW
Felxible hours
Discord (chat engine)
Bring in ideas on how to debug games that port to Black Screen
- this will include testing various ideas and being active and of course flexible
DESIRE

The third project, and possibly the biggest is a massive venture idea. My idea is to create a RivalGamerNetwork for the Playstation 3 that will allow people to play online without the worry of CID's or Sony cracking down on them. it'll be a safe environment completely mod friendly. I know this is possible because I've seen something similar done with Metal Gear Solid 4's Online mode. It was brought back to life by some amazing developers who started the SaveMGO project. Their servers work by connecting to a DNS channel and using the PS3's standard network protocols. There is a source available for an older version of their server that was intended to be used as Dedicated servers. So that will give us a step in the right direction. This project will take a long time to get working, so I need some people who are willing to stick with the project for an extended period of time.

I'll be absolutely honest, I have no idea what this will entail. I'm just the visionary. I know there are aspects used with PHP, some CSS Python and a lot of other languages. I'm looking at my Xbox 360 stealth server friends who have had experience with the backend tech used in those. I have sources we can dig through but I really have no clue where to begin here.

Name of the Video Game, and any other Tags
2 Replies
anxify
(@anxify)
Estimable RivalGamer

Great to see you come back missed ya 🙁 Anyways we should defiantly catch up sometime. 😀

Cain532
Topic starter
(@cain532)
Noble RivalGamer

Great to see you come back missed ya 🙁 Anyways we should defiantly catch up sometime. 😀

Get on Discord!! 😛