Notifications
Clear all

Need For Speed: Review

Page 1 / 3

CallummL
Topic starter
(@CallummL)
Reputable RivalGamer

Need For Speed has been one of the most anticipated games this year and now it is finally out. It offers intense racing, elegant drifting and amazing car customization. Create your own unique cars by wrapping them in stickers and create a magnificent piece of art for all to see and to be jealous of.

Way To Play
There are five different ways to play Need For Speed.

Outlaw
As self explanatory as it it, outlaw is being a thrill seeking, adrenaline rushing mad man. Causing trouble and escaping from the police. Always looking for deeper risks which in return will give you higher rewards. Push the limit as you tear down the streets and run rings around the law.

Style
If you love sending your car sideways as much as I do, it's probably decided that Style is your way of driving. Style is all about sending your car into a precise drift around corners and exiting them with pure bliss as you leave the road behind you in smoke.

Build
Build is where you create a car to it's ultimate perfection. Take it to the extreme through it's performance and visual modification. As you create a unique machine to show off to your crew and show them how it's really done.

Speed
Fearlessly push the limits of your car as your keep your foot firm on the gas pedal and keep your nerve at impeccable speeds. Hitting those corners with pure force and leaving everybody behind. Speed is for those who like winning and will take nothing less.

Crew
Never ride alone. Riding with your crew is the best as you cause chaos with each other through the streets. Whether it's in a graceful drift train, a simple cruise or high speed racing, make sure you experience it with someone.

Car Customization
Need For Speed as finally gone back to it's roots by implementing an amazing car customization. Customize every inch of your machine, leave no corner untouched. Whether it's purely for performance, visual or both, make sure your ride is ready. You can modify every car in the game however some cars have more customization options available than others. The higher end cars such as Ferrari's and Lamborghini's can't have too much done to them, so sadly they're quite limited. Nonetheless that shouldn't stop you from being creative with them as you can still cover them in vinyls. There's now a lot more freedom with car customization and it gives you the chance to make your car that little bit more unique as you can now adjust stance, swap external panels and more. It doesn't stop there though because you can now determine how your ride drives. Control how fast your car responds to steering or decide whether you want a drift or grip build it's all down to you.

Graphics
The graphics for this game are astounding. The map is beautiful and the cars are just amazing to look it. Although the game is locked to 30 FPS you don't really realize when your caught up in the game. Down to the rain droplets running over the car from the street lights reflection in the puddles it is without a doubt a beautiful game.

Need For Speed requires a constant internet connection to play as it is always online. This means you can't pause the game, this has had my going crazy. In fact I got busted by the police yesterday as I read a message thus making it extremely annoying. There is little to no traffic on the streets making it boring as you fly around empty streets at top speeds. I noticed this in BETA but I presumed they had to just lowered traffic density so we could test the game out, but no.

Overall Opinion
I had the chance to play the closed BETA and I absolutely loved the game. I still do now, however there are just a couple of things that bug me. The empty streets, the brief campaign and the boring collectibles. Although the game reminds me of the older Need For Speed games which makes it sort of a nostalgia trip. I highly recommend the game if you're a car enthusiast as you can spend hours on building your dream car.

Name of the Video Game, and any other Tags
13 Replies
Cyb3r
(@cyb3r)
Noble RivalGamer

I fell in love with NFS since PS1 days, latest NFS game I played was the first PS2 release which was Hot Pursuit 2. 🙁

Keep up the good work bud.

KranK
(@KranK)
Reputable RivalGamer

Great news thanks for this . I was waiting for this whole my life ^-^ nfs i used to spell it need for sex haha defenetly doing to mod the fuck out if this game on pc soon

KranK
(@KranK)
Reputable RivalGamer

About empty streets im sure its just population function on the game if there is any, i bet there is sort of function that creat cars on the streets . When i get a chance i may look into this

CallummL
Topic starter
(@CallummL)
Reputable RivalGamer

About empty streets im sure its just population function on the game if there is any, i bet there is sort of function that creat cars on the streets . When i get a chance i may look into this

The reason there is not much traffic around is because the game is set during the night and early morning, so obviously it would make sense for it to be pretty dead, however I like to weave in and out of traffic instead of just have empty streets and freeway's aha.

Page 1 / 3