Notifications
Clear all

Make your PS3 backward compatible.....?

Page 1 / 2

Topic starter
(@crazygamer)
New RivalGamer

Hey
Just stumbled upon this old threada while ago (i'm gonna copy and paste the article here to avoid posting links ) and it claims that you can actually add backward compatibility to your PS3 by replacing 3 files in dev_flash , the files are (location in order folder to files)
1.Folder ps2emu...File: ps2_softemu.self
2.Folder: vsh--> module.........Files: sysconf_plugin.sprx and game_ext_plugin.sprx

here's the post:

you can install this PS2 software emulator to make your PS3 backward compatible. You can download the file here, but before you get started, you may want to make a backup copy of your /dev_flash folder since you'll be replacing some files. As with all hacks, you run the risk of doing damage to your console or wiping it clean if you're not careful or are unsure of what you're doing, so proceed with caution.

Here are the original instructions posted on PS3 Dev Wiki:

1. Replace following files on your consoles /dev_flash/
with the ones included in this archive
p3dwik-ps2compatfiles.rar
2. Get into Factory Service Mode (FSM Tool/Dongle)
3. Insert your Original PS2 Game Disc
4. It will run.

If you don't know how to get into Factory Service Mode, this page should help

IS THIS FOR REAL??

Note: this was posted in 2012, but i have never heard about it before

Name of the Video Game, and any other Tags
5 Replies
(@guerra)
New RivalGamer

There is one thing called CFW, if you have not installed a CFW you can not run PS2 and PS1 games on PS3. A custom firmware does exactly what described in the wiki guide. Only on SLIM models ... no Super Slim

Cain532
(@cain532)
Noble RivalGamer

This is very interesting 🙂 I know Rebug has done a lot to enable compatibility with PS2 games, and even now the current Rebug CFW has the ability to run PS2 ISO's from a native folder in dev_hdd0/ps2/ but this is an interesting article 🙂 Thank you for sharing!

(@guerra)
New RivalGamer

This is very interesting 🙂 I know Rebug has done a lot to enable compatibility with PS2 games, and even now the current Rebug CFW has the ability to run PS2 ISO's from a native folder in dev_hdd0/ps2/ but this is an interesting article 🙂 Thank you for sharing!

Also have this ability to launch CFW FERROX and HABIB PS1 and PS2 games on consoles not backwards compatible:)

(@hanna william)
New RivalGamer

Why we do need to do something like that again ??

cause we can use REBUG

All in one

And the real backward compatible without hacking is generation 1

( Fat version .)

Page 1 / 2