Increasing PC Boot/...

Notifications
Clear all

Increasing PC Boot/Startup Time

Page 1 / 2

Topic starter
(@TheWorx)
New RivalGamer

I use this method whenever I can, Its crazy how much it speeds up start up time!

Its quick and easy and anyone can do it!

1. Start

2. Type msconfig, press enter

3. Click the start up tab, 2nd from the left

4. Check disable all, apply, then ok

5. Restart your computer and watch in amazement as your PC boots in seconds!

Name of the Video Game, and any other Tags
7 Replies
VEXOM
(@VEXOM)
Estimable RivalGamer

I use this method whenever I can, Its crazy how much it speeds up start up time!

Its quick and easy and anyone can do it!

1. Start

2. Type msconfig, press enter

3. Click the start up tab, 2nd from the left

4. Check disable all, apply, then ok

5. Restart your computer and watch in amazement as your PC boots in seconds!

what does this actually do tho? does it disable everything at start up until PC is loaded or ?? because my Norton Slows down my desktop from start up but i dont want to risk delaying it because well. its my only security against all the viruses on my PC 😛

Topic starter
(@TheWorx)
New RivalGamer

what does this actually do tho? does it disable everything at start up until PC is loaded or ?? because my Norton Slows down my desktop from start up but i dont want to risk delaying it because well. its my only security against all the viruses on my PC :p

It stops things from auto starting, if everything is disabled then your desktop will be usable pretty much as soon as it's loaded. Otherwise you have to wait for the programs you have enabled on startup to load up. If you disable Norton then you need to start it manually or have it enabled to be protected

VEXOM
(@VEXOM)
Estimable RivalGamer

It stops things from auto starting, if everything is disabled then your desktop will be usable pretty much as soon as it's loaded. Otherwise you have to wait for the programs you have enabled on startup to load up. If you disable Norton then you need to start it manually or have it enabled to be protected

okay thankyou 🙂 i think i will just disable the crappy ones that i dont need on start up, will that help?

Topic starter
(@TheWorx)
New RivalGamer

okay thankyou 🙂 i think i will just disable the crappy ones that i dont need on start up, will that help?

It will! The less you have enabled the more it will help!

Page 1 / 2