Notifications
Clear all

How to find TOC "Table Of Content" For Any Game + Extra !

Page 1 / 6

KranK
Topic starter
(@KranK)
Reputable RivalGamer

Hey Guys !
i was asked many times What is TOC and how to find it, so i decided to make this little thread

[HIDE]What is TOC ?

Table Of Content is Head/Main Content .
usualy "Content includes 1st level code such as start functions of the game , but there is also a 2nd and 3rd levels of code and may be more!

on 2nd level may be included things such as the whole game functions definitions as everything usualy defined by this TOC on PS3 even Hombrew has it .

3rd level usualy contains table of syscalls used by the game/homebrew

in another words TOC was created only for one reason to free up the buffer , meaning if game or application takes more than 10 tables of code it willl not fit into the memory.
by using TOC games/hombrew etc use memory from logical drive to save ram

i think we cleared what TOC is ?! more or less

How to find TOC
?

you need IDA Pro & IDA scripts for PS3, IDA you have to get it by your self GooGLE?. scripts link will be on the and of tutorial

1.open your game .elf in IDA and wait until .elf is fully loaded

2.go to File>Script file and open "analyze_self.idc" from downloaded scripts archive, when it ask if udefine entire database you click "no"

3.now wait until it will analyze your .elf and message will pop up with our TOC showing like 0x???????? copy it we need it . wait its not all we know the TOC already but IDA dosnt know about it yet !

4.go to Options>General >Analysis>Processor specific analysis options and enter your TOC there and click ok, now let it analyze your .elf ones again and you will notice it showing TOC adress in the start of the Assembly !

the advantage of doing this is now some previous unknown strings have an xref now and if you go to the and of functions window you will see what syscalls used by this game.
also TOC is very usefull thing using it you easy can interact with any game/hombrew ram/buffer/functions and way more

DOWNLOAD IDA PS3 SCRIPTS
[/HIDE]

hope you enjoy reading this and have happy modding

Name of the Video Game, and any other Tags
26 Replies
LEGACYY
(@legacyy)
Noble RivalGamer

Hey Guys !
i was asked many times What is TOC and how to find it, so i decided to make this little thread

Hidden content cannot be quoted.

hope you enjoy reading this and have happy modding

nice thread Krank:)

Jet
 Jet
(@jet)
Estimable RivalGamer

Will be of much help, good job Krank!

(@bombob)
New RivalGamer

Looks interesting...

AutoModder