Hey guys, i see a lot of ppl asking on how to debug games like UC2, MGS Zero and other games who will give you black screen if you run it on DEX, this method is old and i have been using it since rebug 4.46, so let's begin to explain this.
- You have to be on Rebug DEX firmware, you can't do this on any other CFW!
- Leave all the debug option as default:
- Release Check Mode > Development Mode
- Boot Mode > System Software Mode
- Network Settings for Debug > Single Setting
- Go to Rebug toolbox and set:
- System Mode > REBUG
- XMB Operation Mode > Retail
- Restart PS3 and restore your CID like always and start the game.
[WARNING="Warning!"]You have to disable CCAPI and cobra if they are enabled, to avoid any possible brick or infinite loop at system start.[/WARNING]
Happy modding. :p