Hey, I'm Lukas!

Luke
 Luke
Topic starter
(@Luke)
New RivalGamer

Thanks to Christian (Dog88Christian) for showing me the site. 🙂

Introduction

Well to start off, I'm Lukas. I'd like to think of myself as different, but I'm your average teenager. I enjoy gaming, programming, and sports. I mainly focus on languages (loosely used) used for developing web pages. I'm fairly proficient in HTML5, CSS3, MySQL, and am currently working on to become better knowledged in jScript, Java, and PHP as well. The music I enjoy if quite different from a lot of people's, but whatever suits me is what I like.

I've played baseball for the majority of my life, starting at around age 7 or 8 in Germany. When I was 8, my family and I moved to the United States, still till this day I'm not sure as to why we ever did move, but it's whatever. Luckily my love for baseball helped me make friends along the way. I met people that were better than me (unfortunately) and some that were not as good, however everyone I've met and still know today are good friends of mine.

My passion for developing started out of boredom. I was around the age of 14 and it was summer. I was bored out of my mind so I started making my way around websites looking at lists of hobbies to do that can make time pass by. I taught myself everything I know today, along with a little bit of help from Codeacademy. I started as a young boy trying to find activities to do while I was inside to a teenager who loves to code. I may take up on further languages later on in my life, but for now I think I'll just stick to what I know best.

I don't listen to many genres, however I do have a select few that I enjoy. Drill is a subgenre of rap. It originated from Chicago and mainly highlights on factors such as drugs, violence, and so on. There are several songs that if you just listen to closely it's really sad because they've lost loved ones to violence and they're rapping out of anger. Most people classify this type of music as shit because it's rap and they talk about killing each other, but it has so much meaning behind it. I've been listening to death metal & progressive instrumental metal for several years and both are just great types of music. Progressive instrumental is more soothing and lyricless, but death metal is the exact opposite of that. Lastly is EDM. I do not listen to it a lot, but it certainly helps me calm me down depending on what type of
song it is.

Name of the Video Game, and any other Tags
3 Replies
Dog88Christian
(@dog88christian)
Reputable RivalGamer

If only everyone else I referred made an intro anyways nice to see you signed up. Be sure to look around as we have tons of unique content.

Cain532
(@cain532)
Noble RivalGamer

Amazing wealth of information! I can see you're quite passionate about music 🙂 Why not put that love and enthusiasm towards some sort of musically oriented script code? I bet if you got together with some people you could help do some really cool stuff for the community (maybe sprx code linking to music to have background music?) Can't wait to see what you can do!

Luke
 Luke
Topic starter
(@Luke)
New RivalGamer

Amazing wealth of information! I can see you're quite passionate about music 🙂 Why not put that love and enthusiasm towards some sort of musically oriented script code? I bet if you got together with some people you could help do some really cool stuff for the community (maybe sprx code linking to music to have background music?) Can't wait to see what you can do!

Definitely something to look into! 🙂