Hey everybody, Help...

Notifications
Clear all

Hey everybody, Help a new guy out?

Page 1 / 2

Topic starter
(@I_FEAR_YE_NOT)
New RivalGamer

I go by the name I_FEAR_YE_NOT. I have been an active modder but haven't until recently took it upon myself to make my own mods. There's a game called defiance and i just can not get it cracked. The problem i am having is getting netcheat with tmapi to connect. (CCAPI is just too slow) I have attempted to make a debug eboot and defiance.ppu.self but as soon as i go into a server no processes show up in ps3 debugger. when first loading the game it shows that eboot.bin is a process. I debug and attach but after i get passed the menus and into the game all processes dissapear and netcheat says not attached. any help or advice would be great. i have a few people wanting this game modded but there is no way im sitting through searching for offsets and addresses with ccapi. I would like to be the one to come up with the mods and create the first tool but i am lost. Thank you

Name of the Video Game, and any other Tags
9 Replies
Cain532
(@cain532)
Noble RivalGamer

I think myself and GamePwnzer tried modding Defiance some time ago. It has multiple processes. Might be worth jumping back into it tho 😛 I'll let you know what I can figure out! Give me a bit of time tho, I got other things on my plate

Topic starter
(@I_FEAR_YE_NOT)
New RivalGamer

I think myself and GamePwnzer tried modding Defiance some time ago. It has multiple processes. Might be worth jumping back into it tho :p I'll let you know what I can figure out! Give me a bit of time tho, I got other things on my plate

I really appreciate it! i read that ps3ita 4.50 might get the .self to show up in the processes. Do you know if this is accurate?

Cain532
(@cain532)
Noble RivalGamer

I've been using Rebug 😛 there's a little trick
So each PS3 game is set to run EBOOT.BIN by default out of the USDIR. You can rename the .self file to EBOOT.BIN and the game will automatically launch it that way! Rebug as far as I know debugs .self files as well, but I've been using this work around for a while

Topic starter
(@I_FEAR_YE_NOT)
New RivalGamer

I've been using Rebug :p there's a little trick
So each PS3 game is set to run EBOOT.BIN by default out of the USDIR. You can rename the .self file to EBOOT.BIN and the game will automatically launch it that way! Rebug as far as I know debugs .self files as well, but I've been using this work around for a while

so i would delete the orignal ebbot and replace it with the renamed file? i have been running rebug 4.78, i'll get on and try it out real quick.

Page 1 / 2