Notifications
Clear all

Driving me mad!

S0reFinger
Topic starter
(@s0refinger)
Reputable Member

So I am a typical british driver. I like to moan about other road users, a lot.

Covering 400+ miles a week, its safe to say I spend a lot of my time on the road, and see a lot of things!

So, what are my 4 MEGA hates on the road?

1. Tailgating.
  2. Its actually surprising how many people justify this, when realistically its probably the single most dangerous thing you can do to someone, bar cutting them up.

If you are hanging off someone's bumper, it doesn't matter if you are only doing 30mph, its GOING to cause damage, and probably make the victim lose control.

Even worse if you are a lorry, it makes me sick how often I see lorries up the ass of a driver because he is too concerned about time limits. If its an average speed zone, tough mate.

This video, although not directly caused by tailgating is pretty much the nail on the head, he would have done the same had he shunted him.

And yes, I am one of those people who will deliberately hold a tailgater up. Ill be damned if I am going to move for someone so rude!

2. Lane "darting"

Not the most dangerous thing out there, but damned annoying. In the 3rd lane in line with traffic, pretty packed in with cars. Some ass hat decides he wants in on the crawling traffic.

What really gets me here and that the person will usually go out of the way to veer or swerve into the tightest of gaps possible, not to get any further!

I had one of these not so long ago where I was moving at a decent pace, and this dude indicated to come out. I was pretty close, so decided to pass. This dude got seriously pissed at my apparent lack of generosity to let him out, so he proceeded to throw some abuse. tailgate me, then block me in at the nearest opportunity. Ass.

Even worse when you are in stationary traffic. Its not going to go any quicker constantly switching lanes, you turd.

3. Lack of signals.

Seriously, what effort does it take to even flick your indicator to say where you are going?

It makes me mad that its so easy and quick to do, and people can't be assed to do it.

4. The British rule of lanes.

Its become quite public how badly the British are at lane discipline on the motorway, a driver even recently being prosecuted for hogging the middle lane.

This gets my rack up only because I genuinely believe that half of drivers do not even know the real rules of the motorway. Its fairly simple really, the left lane is for driving in, the 2nd and 3rd lanes are for overtaking in.

The whole "fast lane" - is utter utter tripe. Always has been. Yet how many people do you see actually following that rule? I must admit, that up to recently I never did. I do however find it a little odd that the 3rd lane is designed for the same thing, considering to overtake someone already overtaking at 70mph in the middle lane would make you exceed the speed limit...

Name of the Video Game, and any other Tags
2 Replies
CallummL
(@CallummL)
Reputable Member

It's funny cause, I'm a learner driver and taking my test soon, and I feel like I'm a better driver than half the people on the road. It's like, an indicator is to let the people behind you know where you're going so therefore you need to give them time to adjust their speed and to make sure they don't ram into the back of you. But people just use as their turning so it doesn't really help?

Quiet
(@Quiet)
Honorable Member

Here in America we have dumb founded drivers.Now no one likes to use there signal.