Notifications
Clear all

Common CFW Errors and Fixes

Rage
 Rage
Topic starter
(@Rage)
Estimable RivalGamer

Hello users on Gamerz.me I have posted this on another forum a while back but I am reposting it here as many people find this helpful, if you have any other errors and fixes please comment them below so help out other users. Thank you & Enjoy

[HIDE]
Error 80010009

Reason: This error occurs normally when you update or install a game, its an easy fix.

How To Fix:
1.) Simply navigate to "Game"

2.) Scroll up to "Game Data Utility"

3.) Delete the game save for what ever game is giving you the error

4.) Now open "MultiMan" and click the game as if you were going to load it up

5.) It will prompt you to update, click "Yes" & the error is gone

If you accidentally click "No" when it prompts the update simply start from step 1 again

Error 8002A224

Reason: This error occurs when your ID is either banned for invalid

How To Fix:

Say your ID is "000000010084###################"

1.) You can try to change the region of the ID, regions are as follow...

82 (DEX/DEBUG)
83 (JAPAN)
84 (USA/CANADA)
85 (EUROPE)
86 (KOREA)
87 (UK)
88 (MEXICO)
89 (AUSTRALIA/NZ)
8A (SE ASIA)
8B (TAIWAN)
8C (RUSSIA/ASIA)
8D (CHINA)
8E (HONG KONG)

2.) You will change the number "4" to what region you are from, if that does not work you will need a new ID

ex. Your ID "000000010084###################" say you live in UK, you change to "000000010087###################" if still invalid and you get the error you need a new ID

(IDs are 32 Characters long if all Characters are not entered then you will get the the ID is invalid, most Console Control tools tell you when the ID you are trying to set is not 32 characters, but not all)

Error 80010017

Reason: This error occurs when you are using an out dated eboot that Sony has banned the keys for

How To Fix:
1.) Find the games original eboot use Google Search, type in "*GAMES REGION CODE* original eboot"

ex. Google Search "BLES01807 Original Eboot"

If you are unable to find the original eboot ask someone on this site in the shoutbox or in the support section

Error 80710104

Reason: This error occurs if you Debug settings are not correctly set

How To Fix:

(If you don't have "★ Debug Settings")
1.) Install QA_flagger.pkg (Download here)

2.) Run QA_flagger.pkg

3.) Navigate to "Settings" and scroll all the way down, then press and hold
L2+L1+D-Pad Down+R2+R1+L3

4. ) You should see "★ Debug Settings"

5.) Now go into "★ Debug Settings"

6.) Set your NP Environment to "np" (without quotes)

7.) Change NP Debug to "On" (optional)

8.) Change Nav-only NP to "On"

9.) Restart ps3

(If you already have "★ Debug Settings")
1.) Navigate to "Settings" scroll down to "★ Debug Settings"

2.) Set NP Environment to "np" (without quotes)

3.) Change NP Debug to "On" (optional)

4.) Change Nav-only NP to "On"

5.) Restart ps3

Error 8002F157

Reason: This error occurs if the CFW (Custom Firmware) you are using is corrupted

How To Fix:
1.) Downgrade your system to 3.55 *YOUR CURRENT FIRMWARE*

ex. "3.55 Rogero"

2.) Now install the Rebug 999 downgrader
For DEX
For CEX

3.) Install your CFW (Custom Firmware)

Error 80022D90

Reason: I personally do not know why but it has something to do with your save errors, if you know why please comment down below 🙂

How To Fix:
1.) Install Rogero CEX Downgrader found here

2.) Install and run the app rsodfix.pkg found here

3.) Install and run the app toggle.qa.pkg found here

4.) Install OFW (Official Firmware) 3.55

5.) Navigate to "Settings" then "Date and Time Settings" and change the year to 2009

6.) Now update to your CFW (Custom Firmware)

Error 8002A407

Reason: Server errors or glitches, this can occur when trying to connect to the internet, installing or updating a game and sending a message.

There a few possible ways to fix this...

Fix #1 - Restore Default Settings

From the XMB(TM) menu, go to > > . Once you select Restore Default Settings, you will see a list of settings that will be restored. Scroll through them and press the X button to restore the settings. After the operation is complete, you will see the initial setup screen that appeared the first time you turned on the PLAYSTATION(R)3 computer entertainment system. You will need to go through the initial setup process before you can use the PLAYSTATION 3.

Fix #2 - Power-Cycle All Network Equipment

Power-cycle means to turn the networking devices OFF (i.e., unplug it from the power source), and then to turn it back ON after a set period of time. This will allow the network devices to refresh its settings. Please power-cycle ALL of your network equipment, including any wireless access points, routers, Voice Over IP (VOIP) modems, and broadband modems for two (2) full minutes. After 2 minutes, you can turn on (or plug in) your equipment.

Fix #3 - Install the Latest Firmware Update

To check what version of the System Software is currently installed on your PLAYSTATION 3, from the XMB menu go to > > . The system will display the System Software version number. You can visit the following link to determine whether you have the latest version installed.

OFW: http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/About/SystemUpdate

CFW: *Depends On Your CFW (Just reinstall your current CFW or a newer CFW)*

[/HIDE]

I tried to Google more CFW (Custom Firmware) Ps3 Errors but did not find any others, these are common errors that you may come across at anytime, if you get an error on you CFW (Custom Firmware) and its not on here let me know so I can add it, good luck guys & enjoy

Name of the Video Game, and any other Tags