You can copy, move or delete content, such as saved games, profiles and avatar items, between different Xbox 360 storage devices. You can then use the storage device to move your content to another Xbox 360 console.
Copy, move or delete individual items
Copy or move multiple items using the Transfer Content option
Store your saved games in the cloud.
- USB Storage Device: A USB storage device, such as a USB flash drive plugged into your console. To learn more about USB flash drives, see USB flash drive support for Xbox 360.
- Memory Unit: A memory unit plugged into your original Xbox 360 console.
- Select the type of content that you want to copy, move or delete:
- Games and Apps
- It's OK to copy and move saved games from one Xbox 360 console to another. You don't have to repurchase the game or reload it onto your second console.
- For help with PC game problems, see Troubleshoot performance and stability issues in PC games.
Note To make changes to your profile, see How to view and edit your gamer profile in Games for Windows LIVE.
- Within the content type that you selected, click to select the item that you want to copy, move or delete. To move multiple items at once, see "Copy or move multiple items using the Transfer Content option."
- Select Copy, Move or Delete.
- If you're copying or moving content: Select the storage device that you want to copy or move the item(s) to.
- If you're deleting content: Click Yes to confirm the deletion.
Note After you've copied or moved the content from your console to a storage device, it's OK to repeat this step but instead select Delete to delete the content.
- From Xbox Home, go to settings, and then select System.
- Select Storage.
- Highlight the storage device that contains the content you want to transfer, and then press Y for Device Options.
- Select Transfer Content.
- Select the destination storage device.
- Select the type of content that you want to transfer, and then select Start to begin the transfer.
- Select the content that you're transferring.
- On your controller, do either of the following:
Space Available bar changes to red: If the destination storage device doesn't have enough space for the content you're trying to transfer, the Space Available bar will change to red, indicating that you need to reduce the amount of content that you're transferring. Here's how.
- To remove all items: Press X.
- To remove individual items:
- Press A to view individual items.
- Select the item or items, and press A again.
- Press B to return to the previous screen
- Select Start to begin the transfer again.