Secret of Mana
CUSA09537| 01.00
Cheats are for PS4_Cheater

Download cht file

Name of the Video Game, and any other Tags
2 Replies
(@y8rz3l56ye2n8q)
Estimable RivalGamer

Looking at that text file for Secret of Mana, those are all constant write memory codes aren't they? I rearranged the order and most of them are 4 bytes apart like a list in memory. Some games make inventories very easy. In the Tales Of ??? series games, if you set a break on read on the address of an item you have some of, and then enter the item menu, it always stopped once to check which items had amounts greater than 0, and displayed them in your inventory if you had more than 0 of something. I used that to make any with 0 to save at least 1 of the items without overwriting values greater than 1. It had the bonus of giving you items that you'd need to purchase all games and get save data on your PS3 of each of them to get them items. You could have the special items without needing to get save data. Money would hopefully be effortless too. Break on write, go buy/sell/use some item somewhere, and see where it stops. Check the nearby previous operations for branches for things greater or less than your money. Usually within a few lines is another set of lines that compare the values to 0 or big numbers full of nines like 99,999,999. You can usually always delete or force a branch to be taken to always give the effect. If it fails, just make the load and math operations for money be replaced by 2 operations to create an amount of your choice.

I don't have a PS4 yet, still not sure if I care enough to move beyond the PS3. Are there any debuggers with all of the breakpoints/stepping/registers stuff working for the PS4 yet? I haven't looked much but I just see https://github.com/xemio/ps4debug and Cain's debugger somewhere here.

Topic starter
(@crazygamer)
New RivalGamer

Looking at that text file for Secret of Mana, those are all constant write memory codes aren't they? I rearranged the order and most of them are 4 bytes apart like a list in memory. Some games make inventories very easy. In the Tales Of ??? series games, if you set a break on read on the address of an item you have some of, and then enter the item menu, it always stopped once to check which items had amounts greater than 0, and displayed them in your inventory if you had more than 0 of something. I used that to make any with 0 to save at least 1 of the items without overwriting values greater than 1. It had the bonus of giving you items that you'd need to purchase all games and get save data on your PS3 of each of them to get them items. You could have the special items without needing to get save data. Money would hopefully be effortless too. Break on write, go buy/sell/use some item somewhere, and see where it stops. Check the nearby previous operations for branches for things greater or less than your money. Usually within a few lines is another set of lines that compare the values to 0 or big numbers full of nines like 99,999,999. You can usually always delete or force a branch to be taken to always give the effect. If it fails, just make the load and math operations for money be replaced by 2 operations to create an amount of your choice.

I don't have a PS4 yet, still not sure if I care enough to move beyond the PS3. Are there any debuggers with all of the breakpoints/stepping/registers stuff working for the PS4 yet? I haven't looked much but I just see https://github.com/xemio/ps4debug and Cain's debugger somewhere here.

Well, first i was surprised how simple and easy was to find all these codes, in less than 20 minutes, reaching for one address usually takes up to 30 minutes depends on the game.
"those are all constant write memory codes aren't they?" nope, you only have to execute and write the command once.

"Are there any debuggers with all of the breakpoints/stepping/registers stuff working for the PS4 yet? " just the one i'm aware of and it's too buggy there are some working around to be done to get it to work properly, sending payloads using the debugger didn't work for me personally, i had to send it via PS4_Cheater

Ps4_cheater is your best friend here, so friendly and easy to use. although PS4 games are different. the majority of these games doesn't have statics addresses and it's quite a pain sometimes.
" still not sure if I care enough to move beyond the PS3" i bought my PS4 around 4 month ago and it's worth it , i'm a total NOOB, i managed to jailbreak my PS4 in less than an hour watching a tut. i still have my PS3 and i ADORE IT, but the game library for the PS4 is quite intriguing. also i like how you can install huge games witch such ease, it;s super freaking fast (FFXV is around 60+ GB it took me around 20 minutes to install )

I still play games on my PS1, 2 and 3, but PS4 is a must! and i do play PS2 games on my PS4 and you can totally find cheats for these games with ease using PS4_cheaters (you can't connect your PS3 while playing PS2 ) but you can on the PS4. easier than using CodeBreaker. i have some cheats for some PS2 games, it's fun to RTM instead of unpicking the ISO, getting the right LBA order, adding the CB files , repacking the ISO folder such a pain. now i can play games like Rouge Galaxy (and all these rare two layer based PS2 games such as Xenosaga ) with ease while using PS4_cheater to poke and add some cheats