Hello GZ, a long time ago last year a friend of mine was supposed to get a jailbroken PS3. I spent about two hours typing instructions and linking necessities he would need. He was a major noob, so I was trying to help. Well, he never got one and so I decided to go back in my emails find this thing and update it. This took me a couple hours to accomplish and I don't believe I've ever seen a tut like this before, so I hope this will help many people. If you think something needs to be added then please feel free to quote me or message me. I'd be happy to take suggestions. With all that said.. Let's begin!
- USB in FAT32 format (1GB+ preferably 32GB+)
- Winrar (32-bit or 64-bit depending on OS)
32-bit | 64-bit
- CCAPI (version depends on CFW)(supports CEX, DEX, & Cobra)
2.00 (4.21-4.50) | 2.50 (4.21-4.55) | 2.60 (4.21-4.65) | Rev 6 (4.21-4.75)
After installing a 3.55 CFW you will update to a 4.XX CFW of your choice. For that I have left you to decide which.
NOTE: DO NOT SIGN IN AT ALL DURING INSTALLING OR LAUNCHING THE APPS!
- Toggle QA
- Multiman (or any other File Manager/FTP)
- PSNinja (or any other History Cleaner)
- PSNPatch (Optional)
- Spoofer (depends on CFW)
Now, after you have everything you need we are going to install a couple things in a specific order.
- 3.55 CFW
- Toggle QA (run twice, then hover over "Network Settings" under Settings XMB and push this button combo that the same time "L1 + L2 + L3 (press left stick) + R1 + R2 + dpad_down", 3 new options should appear. If not retry.)
- 4.XX CFW
Everything else can be installed afterwards in any order.
NOTE: ALWAYS EJECT ALL DISKS FROM SYSTEM BEFORE UPDATING!
1. Create a folder on the root of the USB named "PS3".
2. Inside that folder create another folder named "UPDATE"
3. Inside that folder drag the update file inside and rename to "PS3UPDAT.PUP"
4. Plug USB to the farthest right port of the PS3
5. Under the XMB, go to "Settings" and select "System Update"
6. Choose update "via Storage Media"
7. Accept and Install!
If you get an error or nothing is read, try to update via Recovery Mode. Below you will find how to do that.
- Installing Homebrew
1. Under the XMB, go to "Game" and select "★Install Package Files"
2. Select the app you want to install
Rebug Users install under "Package Manager" and "Standard" from the Game XMB.
- Accessing Safe Mode
1. Turn off the PS3 system if not already off.
2. Hold down the power button until it shuts off again, then let go.
3. Hold power button until you hear two consecutive beeps, then let go.
4. Plug in controller
5. Choose "6. System Update".[/HIDE][HIDE][/HIDE]
I know that I did leave a lot of information out, but I was trying to just teach you the basics. I also didn't include a couple things as it depended on what CFW you were going to be on. I also didn't add information about what all the homebrews were or did. Now, if a lot of things or some are requested by many people I will add it. It's just a matter of whether or not they need it :p
I DO NOT allow this to be posted elsewhere, but knowing it will regardless I ask that you give me credit please.