Clear all

little confused

Page 1 / 6

DLG
 DLG
Topic starter
(@DLG)
Eminent RivalGamer

I think my hard drive went out and now im changing my hard drive, after I put a different hard drive in it says no applicable update was found. Connect storage media that contains update data of version 3.20 or later then press START and SELECT buttons at the same time.
What firmware do I download on the ps3? Do I use 3.55 or what?

Name of the Video Game, and any other Tags
26 Replies
Dog88Christian
(@dog88christian)
Reputable RivalGamer

I think my hard drive went out and now im changing my hard drive, after I put a different hard drive in it says no applicable update was found. Connect storage media that contains update data of version 3.20 or later then press START and SELECT buttons at the same time.
What firmware do I download on the ps3? Do I use 3.55 or what?

Depends, where you jailbroken before? Either install CFW that was on there before or 3.55 OFW.

DLG
 DLG
Topic starter
(@DLG)
Eminent RivalGamer

Yes I was jailbroken before but I don't exactly know what firmware I was on. I don't know if it was 4. something or what it was that I was using. I know I was running DEX! I don't know if it was DEX 4.55 or what

DLG
 DLG
Topic starter
(@DLG)
Eminent RivalGamer

if I put the wrong firmware will I brick my ps3 ?

Dog88Christian
(@dog88christian)
Reputable RivalGamer

Yes I was jailbroken before but I don't exactly know what firmware I was on. I don't know if it was 4. something or what it was that I was using. I know I was running DEX! I don't know if it was DEX 4.55 or what

Then just install any DEX CFW or start fresh from 3.55. If you can remember, it's best to update to that. No you will not brick.

Page 1 / 6